Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss My letter to Lee ****erell, WDW VP in the Cast Members forums; Here's a letter I've been meaning to write since our vacation regarding some great CMs. I thought some might enjoy reading it. If by any chance any of these CMs ...
    UncleJumbaa is offline A-Ticket holder

My letter to Lee ****erell, WDW VP

Here's a letter I've been meaning to write since our vacation regarding some great CMs. I thought some might enjoy reading it. If by any chance any of these CMs see this, please let me know. :mickey:

Lee ****erell

WDW Executive VP

WDW Guest Letters

P.O. Box 10000

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Dear Mr. ****erell,

Greetings! I hope all is well with you. I am writing to you about my trip to Walt Disney World from April 21st, 2006 to April 26th, 2006. I’m sorry it took so long for me to write this. It was simply a matter of being very busy and not a matter of desire. This was a trip I took with my wife, her mother and her grandmother. Her grandmother has cancer and has several times passed the “date” on which doctors told her she’d still be around. She’s an amazing lady and the toughest woman I know, not only for this but also for coming to America from Poland after having been in a Nazi work camp, where my mother-in-law was born. We felt we needed her to experience Disney’s magic at least one more time, not matter what the doctors said. So we quickly planned the trip and I did my research to make sure I could make it as pleasant as possible. To see her face during It’s A Small World and the fact that she still looks at the photos everyday, have made it all worth while.

It was an amazing trip, with only one minor problem. I’ll mention that quickly as this letter is not about that. I really want to give some personal commendations. Please make sure all your bus drivers know that wheelchairs get priority over people sitting in those seats. A driver working the Disney Studios to the Wilderness Lodge route on the night of April 24th would not let my grandmother-in-law on the bus, because there was no room, though nobody was standing. My wife and I weren’t there and it frazzled my mother-in-law, so she didn’t protest. That’s enough on the negative.

I have never had such a great experience with the characters. Not only were they fun and animated in general, but also many showed such special attention to my grandmother-in-law. I know it’s hard to single out specific character “helpers,” but I will mention some dates and times as best I can. Lilo and Stitch at Animal Kingdom at the start of the day on April 23rd took special care of “Ma” and held her tight and helped her into her wheelchair. Likewise, Mickey in Toontown at about 5:00 on April 25th, was so sweet to Ma, surprising her, kissing her and helping her in and out of her wheelchair, I was amazed. About and hour and a half later in the town square, Geppetto, asked for a picture with just Ma after taking one with the family. Other great character interactions we had were Robin Hood and Prince John at the town square in the late afternoon of April 22nd and The Sheriff of Nottingham at about 4:00 in the Studios on the 24th.

As far as “human” experiences, I have to say that everyone was wonderful. I have two specific instances, though. The whole team working the Peter Pan ride at the start of the day on April 25th was extremely helpful to Ma and made sure we had a copy of the guide for people with disabilities. Also, I have to give a special thanks to Lisa who was working at the hostess station in Ohana at 8:00 pm on April 23rd. She made sure we had a window seat for the fireworks and she didn’t even know we had someone special with us. She was just trying to make another guest happy.

Please give all of these wonderful people a thank you and big pat on the back from me. They helped make our trip perfect. I look forward to coming back and here’s to being able to bring my grandmother-in-law when I do.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Let us know if you get any response back. I emailed Guest Relations about my trip in October and someone from the Disney offices called me back to let me know they received my email and that the manager's of the CMs I mentioned would be notified of their job well done...
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

You bet. I'm going to e-mail & snail mail it. I heard CMs can get a special pin or the like from Lee for jobs well done. By the way, I had to laugh when the forum automaticly edited Lee's name. In case anybody doesn't know, his last name is C-O-C-K-ERELL.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I sent an email from my trip in 03 and a real person called back and thanked me for taking the time. They said they would make sure that the cast members received the infrormation. It was really cool to have someone contact me back.

By the way, does anybody have the appropriate e-mail address? Obviously, I have the snail mail address, but it would be nice if somebody has the other handy. Thanks!