Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Safari CM's Kindness in the Cast Members forums; Great idea for a forum. I'm 30 and myself, wife, DS,5, and DD,3, made our first ever trip (mine also) to the World Feb. of this year, and now I'm ...
    kristnjohn is offline A-Ticket holder

Safari Grand Gathering

Great idea for a forum. I'm 30 and myself, wife, DS,5, and DD,3, made our first ever trip (mine also) to the World Feb. of this year, and now I'm hooked and we WILL be going back every year for quite some time! Everyone was so deserving of praise, however one person stood out well above the others. There was a total of 21 of us in my family's group and we did the Safari Grand Gathering dinner, our host for the evening was Maggie, and she went so far above whatever it was that her job called for, she made that night very enjoyable for our entire family. The tour she gave was very personable and well done, and then during and after dinner came and took 7 children, ages 2 through 7, out for some "playtime" while the adults finished up dessert. While I asked the manager on duty if we were able to tip her, she said no, but she informed us Maggie was one of the newer employees and she would be taken care of due to our nice comments towards her. On our way out of the park, she was placed in the dark AK walkways helping everyone find their way out, and my kids saw her and ran to her for one last hug, we ended up getting a great picture of them together! I tried emailing Disney Guest Services with the picture and our good thoughts, but it got rejected due to the attachment. Our kids still remember her name when they look back at the pictures, and I do hope that someone reading this will be able to pass on the good words for Maggie at AK one more time. We'll ask for her this coming January during our next trip!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, Kristnjohn! What a great story! I hope Maggie gets to see it. Great job, Maggie!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SyracuseWolvrin is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kristnjohn
    and I do hope that someone reading this will be able to pass on the good words for Maggie at AK one more time. We'll ask for her this coming January during our next trip!
    Maggie's a good friend of mine. I've passed on a link to this post.

That's awesome news Syracuse, I was really hoping Maggie was taken care of like we were told she was, and it's great that you can pass the news onto her. The picture of her with our children is so cute, and she's the only "stranger" in all our DW pictures, we always end up explaining to everyone who she is, and the great job she did! I hope to see more posts soon of other people's good experiences with cast members.

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I love great cast members they make the magic so much better.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can post the picture here kritsnjohn. I'm sure that Maggie would love to see it.

Hopefully we will have an outstanding CM to talk about after our trip this week. Only 5 more days!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

whitewatersf is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sounds like you had a great experience on your first time down to the world. I'm sure that Maggie will appreciate the complements.

Thanks all for your comments and it's great to see that the cast member appreciation thread has really picked up some steam with other good stories! We're going back in less than a month and I'm sure we'll come back with many more good experiences to post!
    Attached Images Attached Images