Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss MaryLou at Harmony Barber Shop in the Cast Members forums; Last month I received a truly horrendous haircut. Imagine 30 bad-hair days in a row...none of them my fault! During our recent trip, I decided to get my hair cut ...
    AmazingEARL is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up MaryLou at Harmony Barber Shop

Last month I received a truly horrendous haircut. Imagine 30 bad-hair days in a row...none of them my fault!

During our recent trip, I decided to get my hair cut in the MK. Mary Lou did a FANTASTIC JOB! She even managed to fix the damage done at the barber back home.

Besides, it's finally good to meet someone who knows how to properly trim and wax a handlebar moustache.

Hat's off to Mary Lou! Don't go walking around the MK shaggy. She's AWESOME!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm curious as to what that haircut cost, but then I realized that it doesn't matter. A bad haircut that was inexpensive cost much more than a really good haircut that you were charged a lot. The real difference is a good hair cut seems to grow out faster than a bad one.

You should have posted your pic to show off your great haircut.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

The MK haircut was VERY expensive -- $17.00...not including a generous tip!

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but when you throw in Park admission and the plane ride to get there, it's more than I usually shell out for a new 'do.' :o

I'll try and find a picture of it. My wife is in charge of the trip photos.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingEARL View Post
    The MK haircut was VERY expensive -- $17.00...not including a generous tip!

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but when you throw in Park admission and the plane ride to get there, it's more than I usually shell out for a new 'do.' :o

I'll try and find a picture of it. My wife is in charge of the trip photos.
    OK, I'll grant you that adding in airline fare and park admission hikes the price up a bit, but I think it would be fair to subtract that from the cost since I don't think you went JUST for the haircut It's more than the local chain charges, but probably still reasonable compared to some places in large cities. At the moment I'm paying $100.00 for a cut and style and tip. Granted, it's a better job that I used to get at home in the chain shops, but it still makes my hand shake a bit when I open my purse.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I don't think you went JUST for the haircut
    You'd be right. But it would still be an expensive commute every month just to get "a little off the top."

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I seen the barber shop before...I didn't know they actually gave haircuts! I thought thats where you can see characters...I was wrong!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!