Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Cast Members in QSF&B in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm doing the disney college program from the end of august til january working in quick service food and beverage, im just wondering if anybody is in this role and ...
    FaLLinGsTaR104 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cast Members in QSF&B

I'm doing the disney college program from the end of august til january working in quick service food and beverage, im just wondering if anybody is in this role and what does it consist of?? unfortunately, I've never been to Disney World so I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doingg! any help is appreciated!<3
    "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live a day without you” -Winnie The Pooh

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Some of the quick service restaurants at wdw can get pretttttttty busy, especially the ones in the parks. I'd imagine it would be better to take orders than to make food...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

FaLLinGsTaR104 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ahhh thankss, hopefully I will be taking orders! i cant cook haha thanks for the responsee
    "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live a day without you” -Winnie The Pooh

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    It is not very often they actually put a CP in the kitchen doing actual cooking. Mostly the CP QSF&B roles are Cash, counter taking out trash and the like. Let us know what location you're in.

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    04_CP,

That's interesting. Things must have changed since I was there. When I was on the CP back in 1990 at Fantasyland Foods, I cooked and prepped, which included fries, hot dogs, turkey burgers, chicken nuggets, pretzels, sandwiches, ice cream, etc. This was in addition to cashier, stocking condiments, filling orders, ITF (ice, trays, floors), cleaning tables, etc. Were you in QSF&B?

O4_CP,

Doh! I just now read the CP Roll Call thread. You worked the same place I worked. I guess things have changed. When you were there, was Lumiere's ever open? It was called Gurgi's Munchies and Crunchies when I was there. I'd say most of my time I worked at Gurgi's, especially in '90. In '91, I worked about 50/50 Gurgi's and The Round Table, which is now Mrs. Potts. Man, I miss working there.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    i don't remember lumiere's.... did you have to do topping bar? i was amazed at how messy guests were at those.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaLLinGsTaR104 View Post
    I'm doing the disney college program from the end of august til january working in quick service food and beverage, im just wondering if anybody is in this role and what does it consist of?? unfortunately, I've never been to Disney World so I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doingg! any help is appreciated!<3
    I hope you come back to tell us where you are working. I'll be at WDW during December and would certainly try to come by and meet you. Good luck wth DCP.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

O4_CP_Nolan,

Gurgi's (aka Lumiere's) was right across from Dumbo and next door to Mrs. Potts. I thought it was still there when I visited this past June. Heck, maybe it had a new name and I (gulp) didn't pay attention to the name change. It was a 5 window QSF&B, but, this past summer, only 2 windows were open. But, after Gurgi's had closed back in the mid-90s, I had never seen Lumiere's open. It was always closed when I visited.

As for the topping bar, what's that? Is that similar to the condiments bar?