Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Was I fired for being a Seasonal Cast Member?? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was placed on "active rehire" status. It seems that my manager thought I was for sure moving home. I was only seasonal anyways by the time I was ready ...
    Stephimaz is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy Seasonal cast member keep status

I was placed on "active rehire" status. It seems that my manager thought I was for sure moving home. I was only seasonal anyways by the time I was ready to move. I was going to see if I could keep seasonal status, but I didn't get to her fast enough! Just a misunderstanding. Phew!
    Last edited by Stephimaz; 01-28-2013 at 07:04 PM.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wouldn't say you were fired. You were technically "laid off". There is a difference and I have been laid off many times.

Being "let go without cause" is another way of saying you were "laid off". As soon as you cut your hours down to just working a couple times a month you opened yourself up to being let go. I'm sure in the eyes of management you were now more trouble than you were worth to keep on the books.

If it really means that much to you, go back to casting and try to get back in the door. Since you still have rehire status you are golden. I heard from one of the cast members I was speaking to in line that they are looking for hard working people at Toy Story Mania and are even allowing people to pick up shifts who normally work other attractions. Maybe you can get your foot in the door via that attraction
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Did you work enough hours to meet seasonal status?

If not, it is true that Disney can let you go at anytime for no reason. They might have been opening your spot up so they could have someone else who works more hours, or they just simply didn't have room for another seasonal status person on the books.

The best thing to do IS to go back to casting! If you do love your job, as long as you are on rehire status, you are great and you'll be hired back again asap! Good luck!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Stephimaz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I found out what happened....it seems that they had me down as voluntary seasonal because they thought I wasn't coming back. I had been thinking about moving home but I never said anything to management. Someone told them that I was moving home and wouldn't be back. It was a huge mistake on their part and I think they were covering their bottoms....I was told that I could've called casting and had them switch me back to "active seasonal" but it had been so long that they said I'd have to go into casting and do the process over again. Someday I will (I moved back home)
    Last edited by Stephimaz; 06-22-2010 at 08:06 AM.

pjm406 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Someday I will! I dont get it. They opened a door for you to return but it sounds like you dont want to. If all you want are a couple of recommendations go back and ask. If it was a misunderstanding, They should give you a good recommendation that is if you were a good worker.

PatM

tikimutt is offline A-Ticket holder
    As far as being able to let you go without reason - Florida is a "right to work" state. That means ANY job can let you go without reason or reasonable cause.