Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss I have some questions about a career in Disneyland security in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi, Has anyone ever worked security for Disneyland, CA? If so, would you mind answering some questions, please? If you have the time. 1. Do you/did you enjoy your job? ...
    TheDarkKnight is offline A-Ticket holder

I have some questions about a career in Disneyland security

Hi,

Has anyone ever worked security for Disneyland, CA? If so, would you mind answering some questions, please? If you have the time.

1. Do you/did you enjoy your job? Is the job itself enjoyable?

2. Do you get a chance to 'give that Disney feeling' to people? (Besides keeping them all safe, I mean. ) I always hear Disneyland CM's talking about experiences they've had of them doing something special for someone, and I think that'd be a great feeling to have.

3. What type of things would you be doing?

4. I'm assuming it's a fairly safe job. Am I correct?

5. How difficult is it? I hope it's not one of those jobs that are so hard, they end up making you hate Disney. ()

6. Can you just go and apply for the job, without having a prior job in security and/or training?

That's all I can think of, so:

7. Anything else you'd like to share?

Thanks to anyone who helps out.

PS: I hope it's not too bad that this is Disneyland related. I figure the answers would be the same, regardless of which park it is. Thanks again if you help, and hey, even if you don't.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; 07-13-2008 at 04:23 AM.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

--Walt Disney

"Smile, gang. Now and forever onwards...smile."

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: I have some questions about a career in Disneyland security

In case you haven't checked here yet this site has the process to apply for their security jobs. I'm not sure how long this has been up but I used to look on the job opening site and now I look on both. Hope this helps. Disney