Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Seasonal work at WDW Orlando this Fall in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My wife and I are in our 50's and are relocating to Orlando approximately 11/1/08 specifically to get jobs at Disney World until next May. We have called and know ...
    MagicSeeker is offline A-Ticket holder

Seasonal work at WDW Orlando this Fall

My wife and I are in our 50's and are relocating to Orlando approximately 11/1/08 specifically to get jobs at Disney World until next May. We have called and know that we need to apply in person at Central Casting. Besides being flexible in our work schedule/days/pay requirements etc., we really want to experience the Disney magic from the inside as well as help share the joy with others.

Can anyone give suggestions, tips, guidance as to when seasonal hiring typically begins to increase in the Fall? Should we try and go sooner to improve chances of being hired? Is there a training period (or depends on what position?)? Any recommendations on what types of things we should try and get?

We'd appreciate any help or suggestions up front before we arrive. Thx!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have already tried applying for a job (not seasonal, but regardless) at Disney and right now, there are little to no openings (I hear entertainment need people). Disney has been putting people on wait list, which is what I am on right now. So the sooner you get your name on there, the better. According to my roommate, Disney should start hiring soon for the holidays (October thru December). As for training, you are most likely are going to go through traditions, which involves training for your position, anyway. Make sure to check out The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies - Careers to see what positions Disney has to offer. As far as I know, they'll hire people within first, and then start hiring people off the waiting list. I wish I knew where I stand on this waiting list. I wouldn't mind if a bunch of people have dropped out, though, especially those before me. Anyway, that's the best I can say from my experience. Everyone whom I have talked to (that is a Cast Member) has told me to not give up and to just keep trying. So don't give up. The most determined go the farthest.

P.S. Welcome to the boards!!!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

MagicSeeker is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Fan...and congratulations on your new job at Disney! I hope it's going well. We have interviews scheduled and are hoping that seasonal hiring is beginning. Wish us luck!

You're welcome. I haven't started my job, yet. I'm supposed to get another phone call, which I have been waiting on for the past two days. But good luck at the interview. Make sure you dress as if you were already working for Disney. It always makes a good impression to your recruiter. Disney College Program- The Disney Look Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

pjm406 is offline A-Ticket holder

relocating

Hi,

Are you renting when you get to Orlando if so did you find a place thru a real estated agent. I am looking to move from the Boston area so I can get a job at WDW.

Thanks, PatM

Quote Originally Posted by pjm406 View Post
    Hi,

Are you renting when you get to Orlando if so did you find a place thru a real estated agent. I am looking to move from the Boston area so I can get a job at WDW.

Thanks, PatM
    I am renting, but I live in a house with a roommate. I think the best you can do is look up apartments or townhouses on-line. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for at this time and exactly where you wanna be in relevance to the Disney property. If I were you, I would make this topic into a new thread. You'll get more responses that way. I wish I could be of better help. And by the way, welcome to the boards!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

pjm406 is offline A-Ticket holder

thanks

Thanks. Good idea.

PatM