Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cast Members Discuss Is it still magical for you? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I see that a lot at the 3 Disney Stores I visit. On call, but don't get paid if they don't call you. Dealing with guests ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Is it still magical for you?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I see that a lot at the 3 Disney Stores I visit. On call, but don't get paid if they don't call you. Dealing with guests that are in a mall vs at Disney, lack of any real traditions courses, I think most stores training is for retail not the be our guest theme. I'm not surprised.
    I thought that with the Disney Company repurchasing the TDS from Childrens Place, they would focus on the "be our Guest" a wee bit more than they are. Its very disappointing to see that the general theme is not there....
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Also, I too am no longer at the point I was when I was in love with WDW... I feel that too much has changed, and they arent keeping up with the details on the older attractions. They need to pay more attention to maintenance and keeping the magic alive for me to return to how i felt a few years back.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I thought that with the Disney Company repurchasing the TDS from Childrens Place, they would focus on the "be our Guest" a wee bit more than they are. Its very disappointing to see that the general theme is not there....
    Some are probably better yet there really isn't a system for any true traditions training. Hopefully the people they hire are magical to start with. We have 3 stores that I know of in No. IL. The Mall store is the pits, theming, cast and merchandise. The store is a hole in the wall. Then there are two outlets. One at the Wisconsin boarder, that place is bare bones but the CMs are over the top nice and helpful, Disneyland Merchandise and other Disney stuff. The other one just opened in August so it is too early to tell how it will go. It did have a carbon copy of the other outlets merchandise.

Also, I too am no longer at the point I was when I was in love with WDW... I feel that too much has changed, and they arent keeping up with the details on the older attractions. They need to pay more attention to maintenance and keeping the magic alive for me to return to how i felt a few years back.
    I'm in that camp too yet I am still very fond of the place, I raised two kids going on our family vacations to WDW so I will always hold a soft spot for the World. They have done a real good job in the last 3 years in bringing most of the MK around, they really need to work some more on Adventureland and Tomorrowland needs so much yet but hopefully it is going to receive some TLC soon. I am amazed the Indy cars are still there in that form, anything but green and the emissions are horrible to breathe, reminds me of my childhood getting stuck behind a City of Chicago bus. The other 3 parks need so much, anything they will do will be only a bandage, one by one through 3 parks they will have to whittle through the damage they have done. I can't imagine them trying to pick the pecking order of where to start.

WDW was just neglected too long while all the other parks around the world were seen to and they were just stupid to let AK sit idle this long with only really adding Everest. But they opted to treat the crown jewel of all their resorts like the ugly stepsister. I am dumbfounded that 3 parks need so much attention so they choose to overhaul DownTownDisney. Head scratcher.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Some are probably better yet there really isn't a system for any true traditions training. Hopefully the people they hire are magical to start with. We have 3 stores that I know of in No. IL. The Mall store is the pits, theming, cast and merchandise. The store is a hole in the wall. Then there are two outlets. One at the Wisconsin boarder, that place is bare bones but the CMs are over the top nice and helpful, Disneyland Merchandise and other Disney stuff. The other one just opened in August so it is too early to tell how it will go. It did have a carbon copy of the other outlets merchandise.

I'm in that camp too yet I am still very fond of the place, I raised two kids going on our family vacations to WDW so I will always hold a soft spot for the World. They have done a real good job in the last 3 years in bringing most of the MK around, they really need to work some more on Adventureland and Tomorrowland needs so much yet but hopefully it is going to receive some TLC soon. I am amazed the Indy cars are still there in that form, anything but green and the emissions are horrible to breathe, reminds me of my childhood getting stuck behind a City of Chicago bus. The other 3 parks need so much, anything they will do will be only a bandage, one by one through 3 parks they will have to whittle through the damage they have done. I can't imagine them trying to pick the pecking order of where to start.

WDW was just neglected too long while all the other parks around the world were seen to and they were just stupid to let AK sit idle this long with only really adding Everest. But they opted to treat the crown jewel of all their resorts like the ugly stepsister. I am dumbfounded that 3 parks need so much attention so they choose to overhaul DownTownDisney. Head scratcher.
    They are overhauling DTD because parents were complaining that the area wasnt family friendly. Honestly parents just need to keep their children away from what they dont want them to see. Also they need to figure out what they want to do instead of scrapping plans all the time......
    HauntedGabe likes this.

They are overhauling DTD because parents were complaining that the area wasnt family friendly. Honestly parents just need to keep their children away from what they dont want them to see. Also they need to figure out what they want to do instead of scrapping plans all the time......
    Understatement. I took my kids through Pleasure when they were small during the day. I would have never taken them in there at night nor would I have taken them to a lounge, well except Bob at POR.

But in reality it isn't ALL going to be family friendly. When you have bands hanging over the balcony's that isn't really family entertainment and if it is dumbed down for the wee ones, the expansion will be a fail and adults will continue to go to City.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

People will go to CW because A- It is cheaper. B- It is more of a social club than a shopping experience. DTD makes me feel like I HAVE to spend more money sometimes. C- Better dining options, and way better entertainment options.

I will always pick CW over DTD every time. It is easier to socialize with other adults when there arent families all over the place.

What makes me wonder about Springs is the security. That was a big downfall of Pleasure Island once it was free to gain entrance to the area.

Springs is going to be open, people drinking, thinking Disney is safe and they are going to be wedged in between two parking garages and then walkways to two DVCs. DejaVu.

I'd rather go to Boardwalk.

Ive never seen the updated plans for PI, what are they doing?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Ive never seen the updated plans for PI, what are they doing?
    here ya go

Disney Springs announced for Walt Disney World, replacing Downtown Disney with new waterfront shopping, dining | Inside the Magic

Updates: Disney Springs Restaurants | the disney food blog

and this week they said they were moving the pretzel and icecream shop (hagen daz) from the West Side to near Disney Quest and in place of these two venues will come a Starbucks. A Starbucks Kiosk also in DTD right by the World of Disney Store.

Currently they are quickly building a bridge to cross over the water so they can demo the balance of PI. Almost all of the parking is gone. They have shuttles running from a Disney Corp building across the road where cars are being directed to and after 3pm Animal Kingdom parking lot will also be used to shuttle guests that park to DTD.
    (can you say remote parking? ) The lots at DTD are staging areas for construction and expansion of venues. Two parking garages will be built, one with a fly over. (nothing screams secure like a parking garage or two.)

Now I thought the Disney Company was adamantly against parking garages???

And it would not be worth it to park at animal kingdom and wait for a bus....i don't see many people doing that. I would imagine that they would extend the monorail to access the DTD area....they could easily loop it over from the epcot area or TTC.

Now I thought the Disney Company was adamantly against parking garages???

And it would not be worth it to park at animal kingdom and wait for a bus....i don't see many people doing that. I would imagine that they would extend the monorail to access the DTD area....they could easily loop it over from the epcot area or TTC.
    They are but they are following Uni now lol. Most of the parking is gone now for DTD for the expansion of Disney Springs project and will remain this was for 2 or 3 years. They are just about complete with the bypass bridge of the old Pleasure Island Property, most buildings are gone. Adventurers still up, that one should come down during the night while nobody is around to witness.

Remember Hyperion, well part of the reason it didn't get permitted was the plan did not have adequate parking. The Parking Garages are not being funded by Disney, they are using Reedy Creek, I believe road tax or something like that money. That is why Disney will not be able to charge to use the garages. So Disney had to for over land for the garages to be able to expand and there will be a fly over road (wont that be magical) to the garage area.
    Enter Disney Springs, a totally redesigned DTD district, again.

So parking for the most part is across the road in a Disney owned corporate building, sparingly used and they are shuttling vistors back and forth to DTD. After 3pm free parking at AKL and they are shuttling from there too.

For the most part, I kinda like the new ideas for Disney Springs. Now that the clubs themselves are already gone and Ive accepted it, I can accept a new area easier.

Im also pretty confident that they will conceal the garages pretty well, they are good with facades

Lets hope so. I don't know how you conceal a fly over into DTD Springs.

For the most part, I kinda like the new ideas for Disney Springs. Now that the clubs themselves are already gone and Ive accepted it, I can accept a new area easier.
    Well they should have gotten the plans approved before they started buldozing Plesure Island. Wonder if heads rolled with that misstep.

I'm not sold on it. Most guests are WoD, they can put in all the non Disney high end stores they want that doesn't mean the demographic that WoD draws is going to head over to the new Springs area and spend that kind of money on what is available in any mid size city in the US and abroad. The only commitment I've heard is a running store.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast