Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes
Cast Members Discuss Is it still magical for you? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; This is the same kind of reactions they were getting towards Disney's Boardwalk though. And for the most part Boardwalk is doing well. The only challenge that Springs will seem ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Is it still magical for you?

This is the same kind of reactions they were getting towards Disney's Boardwalk though. And for the most part Boardwalk is doing well. The only challenge that Springs will seem to face is the DTD Westside on one end, and Marketplace on the other. Boardwalk is surrounded by hotels
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;1043324] Well they should have gotten the plans approved before they started buldozing Plesure Island. Wonder if heads rolled with that misstep. /QUOTE]

If WDW is anything like my employer, it's doubtful heads will roll. More than likely, "promotions" will happen and folks will be reassigned to a more suitable position.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

^^^^ Thats pretty much how it works!!!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    This is the same kind of reactions they were getting towards Disney's Boardwalk though. And for the most part Boardwalk is doing well. The only challenge that Springs will seem to face is the DTD Westside on one end, and Marketplace on the other. Boardwalk is surrounded by hotels
    How So?

I don't really agree with that, when Boardwalk was being built I was there quite a bit and it everyone was very excited. And it was better received than Pleasure Island. Actually PI attendance went down with the opening of Boardwalk. Boardwalk is a great place for adults to go after Epcot closes, it isn't crawling with children, plus you don't have to commute to DTD to continue your evening, you just walk out the back exit. It is small and charming. Disney Springs will be anything but that, plus you will continue to have the mix of Resort Guests/Tourists with a good chunk of locals. Now add in a DVD in the middle of DTD and locals it is nothing like what was anticipated at Boardwalk. Boardwalk offers some nice meals at the resorts, which are quiet venues aside from Beach. $12 plus parking keeps the locals out, a bonus for resort guests and crime.

Disney is trying to use all the land and more with Disney Springs to make it massive. While those choices are great for locals it isn't what tourists are looking for, needing a day to navigate and experience that area. When all is said and done the main draw will still be Earl, Ghiradelli's and the big box store WoL. After WoL guests have all they can't take. IMO they should have just doubled the size of WoL added substantially more cash registers and been done with it and put the rest of the funds into bringing the parks back up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Well they should have gotten the plans approved before they started buldozing Plesure Island. Wonder if heads rolled with that misstep. /QUOTE]

If WDW is anything like my employer, it's doubtful heads will roll. More than likely, "promotions" will happen and folks will be reassigned to a more suitable position.
    Funny how that works huh. Certainly not how I was raised. So much for accountability.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    How So?

I don't really agree with that, when Boardwalk was being built I was there quite a bit and it everyone was very excited. And it was better received than Pleasure Island. Actually PI attendance went down with the opening of Boardwalk. Boardwalk is a great place for adults to go after Epcot closes, it isn't crawling with children, plus you don't have to commute to DTD to continue your evening, you just walk out the back exit. It is small and charming. Disney Springs will be anything but that, plus you will continue to have the mix of Resort Guests/Tourists with a good chunk of locals. Now add in a DVD in the middle of DTD and locals it is nothing like what was anticipated at Boardwalk. Boardwalk offers some nice meals at the resorts, which are quiet venues aside from Beach. $12 plus parking keeps the locals out, a bonus for resort guests and crime.

Disney is trying to use all the land and more with Disney Springs to make it massive. While those choices are great for locals it isn't what tourists are looking for, needing a day to navigate and experience that area. When all is said and done the main draw will still be Earl, Ghiradelli's and the big box store WoL. After WoL guests have all they can't take. IMO they should have just doubled the size of WoL added substantially more cash registers and been done with it and put the rest of the funds into bringing the parks back up to par.

Funny how that works huh. Certainly not how I was raised. So much for accountability.
    Never got a chance to read this. I remember talking to some of the park openers at MK, they said when BW was being planned out and built, alot of people in the area were somewhat hesitant at first, but as with all WDW projects they just accepted it and let it go.

I feel that the Disney Springs plan is too large for them to handle, and it will cause a big change in policies as they move forward with it.

Now, when you said WoL, did you mean WoD?

I was at the Palisades Shopping Center a few days before the holiday, and we stopped in the Disney Store. They had a new years Wishes playing with the projections on the magical trees. I miss wishes when I was working there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234