Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss George? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I've read about this several places and have always gotten conflicting answers from wherever I go. So, if any current or past CMs could answer this, I'd be very thankful. ...
    Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

George?

I've read about this several places and have always gotten conflicting answers from wherever I go. So, if any current or past CMs could answer this, I'd be very thankful.

I've read that on PotC (Pirates of the Carribean), every morning CMs have to say hello to the resident ghost on the attraction, George. From what I've gathered, George was a CM who worked on the attraction, but died. If anyone does not say "Good morning" to George or if someone declares that "George is not real." then the ride breaks down.

Is this CM legend true?
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: George?

Hey, had never heard anything about this, although i have heard other ghost stories around WDW.

Anyways was interested so looked it up.

According to WDWhistory.com George was a welder who unfortunately died when a beam fell on his head. The CMs have to wish him Good morning and night over the PA system otherwise the ride breaks down.

With all these things I dont know how much of it is true. But if the superstition is actually real then it is one of those Disney Gems that goes unknown, like those that Lou tries to inform us all about on the podcast.

**** Hey Lou,if you happen to read this post, how about a Top Ten with Tim on WDW's secret / hidden Gems ********