Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Tips Wanted from Past/Present Entertainment CM's! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi everyone- first a little background for me- It has always been my dream to perform at WDW. On my first trip at age 2 I said I wanted to ...
    bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Tips Wanted from Past/Present Entertainment CM's!

Hi everyone- first a little background for me-

It has always been my dream to perform at WDW. On my first trip at age 2 I said I wanted to be a butterfly in Spectromagic- to this day I want that!

I have auditioned for WDW 2 times- each time I passed the audition, but they didn't have a space open for me in my height range- aka The Character Pool. I would love to do the CP to get my foot in the door, but I'm a junior acting major at WVU and the schedule is too tight. I would never be able to miss a semester, even for an internship. So for now, all I can audition for is a seasonal role.

So here's the (somewhat) question of my post:

I'm heading back down to WDW for the audition on June 4th for a seasonal position. Does anyone out there have any tips for me to really stand out to them? I'm willing to take any and all advice!
    Also- is it worth it to continue going back to audition numerous times? I know persistence pays off- but I'm not sure if I should just wait til the end of college and do the CP.
    And with the economy the way it is and how much Disney is cutting back- I know it's a rough time to try to get a spot there- but I want it really bad! So after all that - any suggestions?

Also- I read somewhere that to be seasonal it is better if you have a local (FL) address- is it better to already have a FL address before I go down to audition?
    Last edited by bellaDisneydncr; 05-23-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: forgot a question!

BrngBakDrmFndr is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Tips Wanted from Past/Present Entertainment CM's!

Hey there. I'm sorry I can't help you with your predictament but just wanted to let you know there are others suffering just like you. I also attend WVU and have dreamed of working at disney. I, however, am an athlete and it seems as though disney only wants college students to spend one of their school semesters at disney. I have been searching for some sort of summer job running from May to early August but have so far been unsuccesful. I dont know if this would help but I have found a couple of jobs at this websit. disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/default.cfm. I haven't gotten any calls back but its always worth a shot to apply to something.

Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!
    Nothing is more powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare.
    Some imagination, huh ha!!

Thanks!

Just bumping
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

justafigment is offline A-Ticket holder

In order to obtain a seasonal position you have to be able to have full availability for 6 weeks up to 3 months. And you have to find somewhere to live while you are working.

You can always do a CP after you graduate from college. As long as when you apply you are a college student they will allow you to participate. (and the CP is actually the easiest way to obtain seasonal status.)
    Proud to be a Disney Entertainment Cast Member

"Welcome to Stitch Kingdom"

:"You just need Faith, Trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust.":

Thanks for your reply- but I was aware of everything that you said. I do plan on doing the CP after I graduate, but I would really like something seasonal now.
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I heard from my friend that for the most part, they are only taking Mouse/Goofy performers (and that there is almost a hiring freeze on the other heights).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009