Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cast Members Discuss Funniest/Dumbest/Weirdest Guest Questions in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I have never been a CM, but two years ago, I was wearing my new bright blue MK polo shirt with a pair of khaki shorts. A lady approached me ...
    NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Funniest/Dumbest/Weirdest Guest Questions

I have never been a CM, but two years ago, I was wearing my new bright blue MK polo shirt with a pair of khaki shorts. A lady approached me in Tommorowland and asked where she could could get a funnel cake. Using the two-finger point, I directed her towards Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. She then asked about viewing locations for Wishes. I told her of a favorite location of ours where she could see Tink fly. When she started to ask a 3rd question, her husband spoke up and said, "You know he doesn't work here, he's just on vacation like you and probably wants to get back to his family." I didn't give it much thought until I had others ask questions. I then realized I looked like one of the DVC CMs with the outfit I was wearing minus the name tag. I still wear the shirt to the parks, but do not pair it with khaki shorts.

dsh1342 is offline A-Ticket holder

my favorite was alway where the nearest bathroom was. While this is a legitimate question, it occurred in such frequency that I could tell when my break was going to happen. Without fail, after the 5th time that I was approached with this question I would be bumped to the next position. On one occasion, I had the same guest ask me the question five times in a row. What makes this particular instance even funnier is the fact that I was standing directly in front of the restroom. On the fifth instance, I directed the guest down the hall and it would be on the right hand side at the red wall. This was in the Wonders of Life which is/was a circular building. Sure enough before the guest returned I was on break.

ydonohue is offline A-Ticket holder

What time will it stop raining?? My answer was always wait 10-20 minutes!! Oh yeah, and the usual "what time is the 3:00 parade?" (really people? really?) While that question goes through my head I cheerfully reply 3:00.

My goofiest memory wasn't actually any questions from guests, but working soap star weekend (is that right?) and having a soap star buy something from me instead of having his VIP person doing it all, just to make his gf who was with him jealous. Yes I did laugh at her face and reaction. hehehe

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

As a Disney Store CM, I'm always amazed at the number of times I'm asked, either in person or over the phone, about what kind of "Shrek", "March of the Penguins", etc. merchandise we carry!
    Definitely a compliment to Disney, that so many people just assume it's all Disney!

Donald Duck is offline B-Ticket Holder

Something that's always bothered me was when someone asks, "How much is the popcorn?" or "How much is the ice cream?" as they're standing right in front of the **** sign that lists the prices of everything that's sold at the wagons. You'll be surprised how many times I get asked that every single day.
    Program 1- May 09-Jan-10- Custodial-WWS
    Deployment- Epcot- Food&Wine Festival
    Shades of Green- Children's Miracle Network Classic
    Hollywood Studios- Christmas Season- Osborne Dancing Lights Festival
    Program 2- Jan 10-May 10- ODF-MK
    Next Program- Coming to a theme park very soon

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

Two days ago I had a guest ask me for a plush of the squriel thing from Ice Age. It took 5 minutes to get her to understand the Ice Age wasn't Disney so we had no plushes.

When I was in Outdoor Foods working a popcorn stand a guet came up and asked where she could get popcorn. When I said right here, pointing to the popcorn, she just shook her head at herself.
    Melli

Disney vists
    May 1997 - off site
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    Dec/Jan 2008/09 - New Year's Eve at POFQ

future
    Jan-May 2010 College Program
    Oct 2010 - Polynesian

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I am not a CM, but I constantly find myself explaining the WDW transit system to people, even since I was about 12.

My family was once on the monorail heading to MK. We stopped at the Grand Floridian and an entire wedding party, bride and groom included, came into our car. As the monorail was leaving the station, the groom asked us how many stops the monorail made at GF...we replied 1, and told them they were on their way to MK...they were very confused, and got off at MK and decided to ride a few rides in their formal attire...hope they didn't ride Splash Mountain!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

tripletinx3 is offline C-Ticket Holder

[QUOTE=DopeyDancer87;883860]I am not a CM, but I constantly find myself explaining the WDW transit system to people, even since I was about 12.

same here

♥feeling twitterpated♥

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

When I used to work at the TTA, I would get asked all the time if this would take them to either Splash Mountain or DTD?

Then I would wonder, would you really want to ride this all the way to DTD or how do you think the TTA would make it to Splash Mountain?
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

These are the reasons why I study a ton of WDW info before I go. So I don't end up on here. lol! I honestly would not have the patience for stupid questions.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

ashleighbass06 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck View Post
    Something that's always bothered me was when someone asks, "How much is the popcorn?" or "How much is the ice cream?" as they're standing right in front of the **** sign that lists the prices of everything that's sold at the wagons. You'll be surprised how many times I get asked that every single day.
    That is not specific to Disney. I used to work at Cold Stone Creamery and people would ask those kinds of questions all the time. I would turn around, look at the board, and tell them the price it said lol.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

It's funny how guests act like cattle with the transit system. Everyone will wait in one place because they think that is the only route possible. If only they would do their homework and learn to use a map.
    My DH and I were in staying at Coronodo Springs last December and I decided to go to the MK while he was at a trade show. Well bus after bus went by and none going to MK. The line was getting bigger and bigger. Finally I decided that the next Epcot bus that came by I was hopping on. It came in almost right away and I rode it to Epcot then took the monorail to the TTC. I had a couple of people follow me but everyone else just stood in line and complained about waiting. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE MAPS!!
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 06-14-2010 at 05:15 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna View Post
    It's funny how guests act like cattle with the transit system. Everyone will wait in one place because they think that is the only route possible. If only they would do their homework and learn to use a map.
    My DH and I were in staying at Coronodo Springs last December and I decided to go to the MK while he was at a trade show. Well bus after bus went by and none going to MK. The line was getting bigger and bigger. Finally I decided that the next Epcot bus that came by I was hopping on. I came in almost right away and I rode it to Epcot then took the monorail to the TTC. I had a couple of people follow me but everyone else just stood in line and complained about waiting. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE MAPS!!
    We did the same thing on our November trip. You can always get around WDW if you know a few tricks.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Mgoblue44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Awesome topic CM's. Keep it going, very enjoyable to read.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast