Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss CP in Grad. school? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I applied for the Disney College Program when I was in my undergrad and was accepted, but declined it because they wanted me to work as a lifeguard and my ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

CP in Grad. school?

I applied for the Disney College Program when I was in my undergrad and was accepted, but declined it because they wanted me to work as a lifeguard and my school wasn't going to consider it a proper internship and I didn't want to set myself back from my course work. As glad as I was to graduate on time with my degree, it is something that I regret sometimes. I was wondering if anyone knew if you can participate in the Disney College Program in graduate school? I'm applying for grad. school and hoping to get accepted. I would love to do an internship for Disney. I need to do something that is related to my program (Public relations.) I know they offer Professional Internships, but some of them require that you be a former college program cast member. Any information would be great. Thanks.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

Magelet7 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: CP in Grad. school?

I believe so, I think there were people in my group who were Grad students.

But I'm not 100% positive. only 80%

Macca1111 is offline A-Ticket holder

I did my CP after I got my master's degree. You just need to have taken at least 1 credit hour in the semester before you go do your CP (so while you're applying). It was totally worth it, and I think I had a better time than some of the kids who were fresh out of high school - life experience and being able to legally drink and all that. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    I applied for the Disney College Program when I was in my undergrad and was accepted, but declined it because they wanted me to work as a lifeguard and my school wasn't going to consider it a proper internship and I didn't want to set myself back from my course work. As glad as I was to graduate on time with my degree, it is something that I regret sometimes. I was wondering if anyone knew if you can participate in the Disney College Program in graduate school? I'm applying for grad. school and hoping to get accepted. I would love to do an internship for Disney. I need to do something that is related to my program (Public relations.) I know they offer Professional Internships, but some of them require that you be a former college program cast member. Any information would be great. Thanks.
    I have a kid that did the college program back in 2007 and was a life guard and he was an education major. His plum job was at Mickey's Retreat. Hours were never late and most holidays off with a fantastic supervisor.

I'd encourage you to try for both the CP and Professional Internships. Some get the PI others don't but it doesn't hurt to try.

I was surprised to see in the posts that you can do a CP after your Bachelor degree and into grad school, learn something everyday. The way it was explained to me was if you were graduating you could participate in the CP if you applied to the program prior to actually graduating. Having another Disney kid in college now I'm still following the rules of CP.

Best of luck, let us know how it all works out.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.