Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Chances of working in WDW? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hi everyone My dream job (and probably many other peoples dream job) is to be a Disney face character. Ultimate dream is to portray one of the princesses, especially Rapunzel, ...
    Rapunzelx is offline A-Ticket holder

Chances of working in WDW?

Hi everyone

My dream job (and probably many other peoples dream job) is to be a Disney face character. Ultimate dream is to portray one of the princesses, especially Rapunzel, but because of my height, I know it isn't a possibility. I'm 5ft1, small frame, blonde and blue eyes. What characters would I have a chance of portraying? Is there a lee-way for the princess roles or is it strict?

Another thing is that I live and from the UK, but I eventually want to live in the US. Would that affect my chances because I don't have an American accent? I'd go through that Disney College Program but it's only available to those in the US

In my spare time I dress as the princesses and just pretend I am that character

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Chances of working in WDW?

I haven't seen a daytime parade there since I was a kid (1970's), but I'd have to think neither height nor accent would have any bearing on being a princess in any of the parades.

Meet-n-greets may be a different story, though.

Either way, best of luck to you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Chances of working in WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzelx View Post
    Hi everyone

My dream job (and probably many other peoples dream job) is to be a Disney face character. Ultimate dream is to portray one of the princesses, especially Rapunzel, but because of my height, I know it isn't a possibility. I'm 5ft1, small frame, blonde and blue eyes. What characters would I have a chance of portraying? Is there a lee-way for the princess roles or is it strict?

Another thing is that I live and from the UK, but I eventually want to live in the US. Would that affect my chances because I don't have an American accent? I'd go through that Disney College Program but it's only available to those in the US

In my spare time I dress as the princesses and just pretend I am that character
    That is true of the College Program however there is a Disney International Program also.

Here is the link: https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/icp.html

Also here is a copy of the Union Contract, the Face Character portion is towards the top after the introductions.
    Generally there is a 1/2" wiggle room however the Characters requirements usually have a range of a couple of inches. There are quite a few that you actually fit nicely into.

contract link:

http://www.local385.org/characters/F...%2017%2011.pdf

Disney would like their face characters to work for a minimum of a year for Disney prior and to have a pretty clean attendance and infraction history.

My thought would to apply for the International Program and go from there towards your goal. It is a paid position with many different roles available. Disney does have their own housing and transportation to the parks for both the international and college program. My son did the college program back in 2007 and I highly recommend it.

Any questions just send me a private message through the sight. Good luck.

Gabe

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.