Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Living the Life of A CM's Family Member in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Ok, so my Mom's brother's wife's brother works for Disney, he is the guy who advertises for Disney shows and movies (I think like the made-for TV ones) but even ...
    Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder

Living the Life of A CM's Family Member

Ok, so my Mom's brother's wife's brother works for Disney, he is the guy who advertises for Disney shows and movies (I think like the made-for TV ones) but even though we are not "blood related" to him, he was able to get us free tickets to both DL parks. Ok, well, he probably was able to do that because he was part of the Casting Member, he and a few other people were the "casting directors" for The Wizard of Oz movie that had Ashanti in it. Now, we don't get as many "discounts" as his sister's family does (his sister is my non-blood related aunt), but there discounts include-
    free tickets to DL
    Able to go to Disney movie premires
    Go to Disney shows
    And a bunch more!

So, if you are a CM, or if you know someone who is a CM, do you get any "discounts" from it? Please explain!!!!

SafariGirl88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As a full time cast member I get to admit friends/family/ect 12 times a year... but only 3 for the day... I get two seasonal tickets in the summer and another pair in the winter... along with the holiday celebration booklet which has coupons for free popcorn and drinks... one night for 50% off of a resort hotel, 50% off a restraunt (including buffets) another chance to bring 3 people in and I can use my maingate to get a total of 6 people in on the same day. Plus 20% merchandice, and restraunts, 35% off of hotels, and many discounts from local buisness. Plus I can go to the parks as many times as I want.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Also local businesses all over the US offer discounts to Disney CMs. So you get discounts in your normal life too!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Discounts? What discounts? What, no love for your adorable skippers? If it wasn't for the regularly scheduled meals such as filet of rock python or stag beetle, us skips would literally starve to death. Or turn to canibalism

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariGirl88 View Post
    As a full time cast member I get to admit friends/family/ect 12 times a year... but only 3 for the day... I get two seasonal tickets in the summer and another pair in the winter... along with the holiday celebration booklet which has coupons for free popcorn and drinks... one night for 50% off of a resort hotel, 50% off a restraunt (including buffets) another chance to bring 3 people in and I can use my maingate to get a total of 6 people in on the same day. Plus 20% merchandice, and restraunts, 35% off of hotels, and many discounts from local buisness. Plus I can go to the parks as many times as I want.
    My sister had the same deal when she was a CM on board the Magic, our family got to go free for 10 days with all her accumulated park tickets, it was great! We also got the 50% off rooms for the whole 10 days and the meal discounts. Sadly, she is no longer a CM, she got tired of the lifestyle after a few years.