Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cast Members Discuss Got a job at The Disney Store in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I went in on Wednesday and the manager told me I should apply because I am there so often. Friday I took my application back in, hour and a half ...
    AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder

Got a job at The Disney Store

I went in on Wednesday and the manager told me I should apply because I am there so often. Friday I took my application back in, hour and a half later they return my call. Saturday morning I go in for my interview and I go and pick up my scheudle on Monday. It's all a little to real for me. I don't know if this qualifies me as a Cast Member, but it's the closest I can get living in Atlanta.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    Yes, working at a Disney Store does qualify you as a cast member.congrats!!
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Very lucky! My nearest Disney Store just closed down not long ago *sigh* and I'm too far away from my next nearest one!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations, Ann!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Congratulations and well done!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by magikindom View Post
    Yes, working at a Disney Store does qualify you as a cast member.congrats!!
    Actually it doesn't anymore since the Disney Store is now own by the Childern Place. I use to work at the Disney Store way back in 1992 when it was own by the Disney Company and we were cast members. Im glad you got the job but not to be the joy killer the Disney Store is not like it use to be but the best part about it you will be immersed in Disney for a least a few hours a day. Oh yeah just a warning you may go nuts with the video screen that plays all day long. When I worked at the store Aladdin was coming out in the movies and they played every song over and over and over well you get the picture I think that why it's my favorite movie. But congrats and I say go ahead consider yourself an hornoary Cast member

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sounds great, good luck!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    Actually it doesn't anymore since the Disney Store is now own by the Childern Place. I use to work at the Disney Store way back in 1992 when it was own by the Disney Company and we were cast members. Im glad you got the job but not to be the joy killer the Disney Store is not like it use to be but the best part about it you will be immersed in Disney for a least a few hours a day. Oh yeah just a warning you may go nuts with the video screen that plays all day long. When I worked at the store Aladdin was coming out in the movies and they played every song over and over and over well you get the picture I think that why it's my favorite movie. But congrats and I say go ahead consider yourself an hornoary Cast member
    Funny you should mention the Disney Store not actually being owned by Disney anymore, because we have noticed that the Disney stores have gone downhill a lot since they opened. I have to say that the U.S ones are way better though!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

PrincePhillip97 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    ok i just became a "cast member" at the disney store. the reason we still call ourselves cast members is cause we still want to give that feeling of disney when you walk in. so by calling customers guest it can bring back memories of a disney park. atleast thats what i was told and it kinda makes seens since your still protraying the disney name
    Mark

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Disney Store is not part of Disney World soo that mean u are only a disney castmember if u work for World of Disney or WDW
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

Michael24 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've tried applying at our local Disney Store twice, with no such luck. But my mom got hired and worked there during the Christmas season, and even though it's not owned by Disney anymore, the employees were still refered to as Cast Members. It was great throughout December because with her employee discount we were able to buy a lot.
    "Oo-de-lally!"

tink218 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, I have been a Disney Store Cast Member for almost 14 years now. I have been through all the changes and must say Hoop is taking more interest in the stores than Disney ever did. they are bringing back adult clothing, watches and infants.
    We are called cast members by corporate and our management.
    Yes, things were different back in '93 when I started, but I see magaic returning from the Paul Pressler years and I love it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, tink218!

That's wonderful to hear that the stores are taking on a new magic. I can definitely see the variety of merchandise has changed, and that the stores seem to be getting new things more often. 14 years there - that's great!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    The Disney Stores are not the same. I was one of the opening CM's at the first Canadian Disney Store. It was fun then. I was there for 5 years then quite because we moved and kids came along. When I go back I miss the cels, the watches and the really nice adult apparel. It's just all toys and movies now.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Not to be a killjoy or anything, but being a Disney Store CastMember is just not the same as it used to be. I worked at the store from 2001 to 2006. I survived threatened closure of the store, declining sales, and declining corporate support during the Eisner era. During all that time, we had wonderful store management who truly embodied the Disney spirit. After Jodie, Wendy and Andrea moved on to Build A Bear and The Childrens Place, they brought in management who had no clue what Disney was about.

The last six months were brutal as I watched Shelly and Gloria belittle and bullied every tenured CM into quitting. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and quit myself - I was the last holdout. I still miss the regular Guests, doing Plush Mountain and singing silly Disney songs. Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed lately in going to WDW more that once or twice a year (an expensive proposition, considering I live in the Midwest)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast