Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Members Discuss Lots of questions for any CMs out there... in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My gf did the college program last spring and thoroughly enjoyed it. She is planning on returning as a seasonal CM hopefully as soon as this winter. She has been ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Lots of questions for any CMs out there...

My gf did the college program last spring and thoroughly enjoyed it. She is planning on returning as a seasonal CM hopefully as soon as this winter. She has been told (I believe by one of her managers??? ...I'm not sure) that she can pick up her new seasonal ID prior to her coming down to start work. She has planned a weekend trip down to FL for the weekend after next (Oct 14-15) so that she can come down here, pick up her new ID, talk to her managers and try to get penciled in for a tentative schedule, and see me for the weekend. But the details we have so far are sketchy at best.

First of all, will she be able to pick up a seasonal ID before she is on the schedule? And if not, how does she get on the work scheduled without first having an ID? And assuming she can pick up her ID on this trip, where would she go to get it, and would they be open on Saturday morning? Lastly, assuming she is able to pick up the ID in advance, will she be able to use the ID to get into the parks like she could when she was a College Programmer, or would she have to wait until she was actually on the schedule and working before she is granted that priveledge, if even at all? If anyone could help shed some/any light on any of these, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    It looks like her manager gave her the ok to get her ID, so I would recommend that she go Disney University and get a new ID. By some chance that doesn't work, I'm sure they'll direct you to where you'll need to go and who you'll need to talk to. Hope that helps.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hehe... thanks, but you're about 11 months too late.

By the way, all went just fine and we were able to pick up her ID on that Saturday morning. In fact, I waited with her while she had it made. And better yet, she was able to use it to get into the parks as soon as she got it, even though she hadn't started work yet. How great is that!?!?

Anyway, thanks for trying to help. Too bad you didn't find this place sooner. It would have been nice if someone had been able to help me out last October, haha, but I'll take what I can get.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Hehe, whoops. Yeah, I found this place last night and stayed up a bit longer than I expected to and I didn't even notice how old thie post was, just saw that it had no replies. Glad things went well