Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Celebrations Magazine Discuss Celebrations Magazine in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Update : We've been hearing from subscribers that some have already begun receiving their first issue as of a couple of days ago, so it seems to be a USPS ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Update: We've been hearing from subscribers that some have already begun receiving their first issue as of a couple of days ago, so it seems to be a USPS issue as to when people will get them. They were mailed form Texas, so the belief would be that people closest to the Lone Star state would be getting them first, etc... but it's the USPS, so who knows.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't held one yet either! The anticipation is killing me!

Once you get it, please post and let us know!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    I'm running out of things to read in the bathroom!!!
    At least we know our place in the "circle of life"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post

because torturing everyone else thats still waiting would be such fun!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Update: We've been hearing from subscribers that some have already begun receiving their first issue as of a couple of days ago, so it seems to be a USPS issue as to when people will get them. They were mailed form Texas, so the belief would be that people closest to the Lone Star state would be getting them first, etc... but it's the USPS, so who knows.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't held one yet either! The anticipation is killing me!

I'm from Upstate NY & deal with the post office for many of our business issues. So, I know what you are saying. I anticipate by midweek next week, as I haven't received yet. 7 to 10 days is usual mail delivery. Thanks again for doing this magazine. I can't wait to read it.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I can,t wait to get mine.............................bet I,ll be one of the last to get it................being as I,m in the UK

I Belle
    Maggie

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Mine hasn't shown up in Washington, DC yet. I'm haunting the mailbox waiting for it!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I got my copy in the mail today in Mustang, OK (outside OKC). Since I am a contributor, I was very excited to see my words in print

When you get your magazine, check out my article on Page 66
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MouseTunesMissy is offline A-Ticket holder
    We just got back from WDW last night, and I was hoping there would be a copy waiting in that large stack of mail from the week, but no. No Celebrations Magazine yet. I was so looking forward to this for my Disney fix. I am listening to WDW Radio shows from the last couple of weeks instead today to make it feel like I am still there.
    Next trip, October 26, 2008! Woo hoo!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Wishing and hoping for some entertaining mail like Celebrations Magizine

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yay!! I have my copy of celebrations in my hot little hands! So... it appears to have made it to North Carolina at least. Wahoo!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    *note to self, move to North Carolina*
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    I haven't recieved my copy yet.

I also think that the Celebrations Magazine official site needs to start showcasing its actual issues on its site now, just like Orlando Attractions and others tend to.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I haven't recieved my copy yet.

I also think that the Celebrations Magazine official site needs to start showcasing its actual issues on its site now, just like Orlando Attractions and others tend to.
    All things good time my friend. In all of our defense, the Celebrations Magazine isn't our fulltime jobs. I think everyone involved hold other jobs that pay the bills.

I think Orlando Attractions is Ricky's fulltime job (along with Inside the Magic). SO he has time to make his really nice websites (he is also a web developer so that helps).

EDITED TO ADD:

I cannot speak for Tim F. and Lou because I didn't ask and they are co-editors, but with all the other contributors, we are all volunteers. Which is what I like about the magazine is because it's written by fans for fans
    Last edited by harra; 11-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder

Sorry Lou, But I work for the Post Office and the publishes shipped them out Standard Mail, which is the slowest possible way to send out a magazine, so they will take longer than usual. Most Magazines are mailed out Second Class and get shipped out quicker and move along with the First class mail, which moves it a lot quicker. I just recieved My copy today in the mail and was suprised to see it was Standard Mail. That is the rate that Junk Mail is shipped. They may want to consider going Second class to speed up bi-monthly shipping. The Magazine is fantastic and was very happy to see it in the mailbox today. Keep up the great work on the magazine and Your first rate Podcast show. I have tried others since Yours, and nothing, I mean nothing even comes close. I downloaded every show that You ever did, and spent weeks at work just working and listening to Your shows. Now that I am caught up, it is such a long week till Your next fantastic podcast. I wish I could send more votes each day to the award voting. Great job on all that You do Lou!!!!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mine came yesterday (Chattanooga, TN)! Maybe I should take a sick day to lie in bed and read it!! I have to say a BIG thank you to Tim! I e-mailed with a question about my subscription and had an answer from him within 10 minutes!!!!! I am a lifetime fan! This magazine is just what I needed after our trip. I miss WDW so much; no one gets it! I am glad you all do!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast