Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Celebrations Magazine Discuss Error in Magazine? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; On pg. 58 of the most recent Celebrations Magazine Michael Lyons states, "...Fink's legend lives on at Walt Disney World as Guests each day board his keel boats to sail ...
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Error in Magazine?

On pg. 58 of the most recent Celebrations Magazine Michael Lyons states, "...Fink's legend lives on at Walt Disney World as Guests each day board his keel boats to sail over to Tom Sawyer Island."

These boats are rafts not the keel boats...the Mike Fink keel boats haven't been running in WDW since 1997.

Here is a link to the Mike Fink Keel Boats
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Error in Magazine?

That's right. I thought the rafts were just Tom Sawyer rafts.

TheTexasKid is offline A-Ticket holder

Not knowing that the Mike Fink keelboats are not running is bad enough, but confusing them with the Tom Sawyer rafts, which are the only craft that travel back and forth to the island, that is really grieveous. Maybe we'll get a correction in the next issue of the magazine.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

Unfortunately, any notations about errors in the magazine that are placed in this forum might not make it to the appropriate parties.

Lou is very busy and I doubt he'll see every post about the magazine and if someone associated with the magazine (like myself) doesn't see the post, it might not make it to the editors. I just happened to find out about this thread from twitter.

Therefore, please feel free to e-mail things like this to Tim Foster so that it can be brought to the editing teams attention.

I'm forwarding this thread to him so he'll know about it (and knows who should get credit for it's discovery), but in case you guys don't have it, Tim's email is tfoster@tgfdesign.com and it can also be found at the bottom of Celebrations Press | Bringing the Magic of Walt Disney World to Life

Thanks for the feedback and more importantly thanks for taking the time to not only subscribe to the magazine but read it to such an extent that you can catch an error such as this. That definitely means you were reading and digesting every word...haha
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

guidetothemagic is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi everyone!
    Yes, that has been brought to my attention and you are of course correct. We didn't get a chance to include a correction in the next issue (which is actually off to the printers now, yeah!) but I'll be sure to make note of it in the following issue. Thanks for eagle eyes everyone, that's what makes this such a great community!!!
    Take care!
    Tim
    Tim Foster
    Author of the Walt Disney World Guide to the Magic for Kids,
    a guidebook, photo book, journal, sticker book and activity book all rolled into one!
    www.guidetothemagic.com

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Thanks Tim...I was going to bring it up with Lou at the D23 Expo but Lou was so busy I really didn't get a chance to bring it up.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.