Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Celebrations Discuss Baby Shower Decorations and Idea's! in the General Discussions forums; Hey everyone! You all may know that my cousin's wife is expecting in September! My cousin is fighting in the war right now but his wife is coming home for ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Baby Shower Decorations and Idea's!

Hey everyone! You all may know that my cousin's wife is expecting in September! My cousin is fighting in the war right now but his wife is coming home for the last time before she has the baby in Germany. Were throwing a baby shower for her the first weekend in June! And guess what I'm the one in charge of games and decorations!!!! How exciting!! I already have some idea's is they all turn out the way I plan! But I would love some idea's for the shower, weather it be game idea's or decorations! We will hopefully find out what the baby is on May 6th!! only 2 days away!!!! she and all the doctor's are pretty sure it's a girl! Thanks for any and all help!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Most baby showers I go to don't really decorate much, other then maybe a small centerpiece but here's an idea for a game/decoration, you could buy some baby related cut outs, ex baby booties, and have enough of them for each guest and as they come in you can hand them a "bootie" and ask them to write baby name ideas on them and you can hang them up somewhere for the mother to be to see so she can get ideas. We have dones games like fill the baby bottle with jelly beans and each person has to guess how many jelly beans are in the bottle and you can give some small gift for the person who comes closest. Here's a website with some ideas.....Baby Shower - Games and Baby Shower Ideas
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thanks GlOny!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I love the idea of a baby shower - sadly not an idea that has really caught on over here.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just finished throwing my sister a baby shower and we used tinkerbell as the theme! One game that we used is the crossing game, evveryone recieved a necklace (made from ribbon) with a pacifier on it and if someone crossed their legs, hands anything then whoever caught them takes their necklace, the winner gets a prize. Another game is people guess how big mommy's belly is. You can use ribbon for this also.

then there is the guess what is in the diaper game. You fill each diaper with something different such as vanilla extract, tanning lotion, or whatever you can think of. Then pass the diapers around and let each person smell the diaper (without opening and peeking).

If you visit orientaltrading.com there are some great favors. For the prizes I made themed baskets, coffee, picture frames, pedicure, things like that.

I hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    I love the idea of a baby shower - sadly not an idea that has really caught on over here.
    Really!?! wow I thought that was an everywhere thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie71717 View Post
    I just finished throwing my sister a baby shower and we used tinkerbell as the theme! One game that we used is the crossing game, evveryone recieved a necklace (made from ribbon) with a pacifier on it and if someone crossed their legs, hands anything then whoever caught them takes their necklace, the winner gets a prize. Another game is people guess how big mommy's belly is. You can use ribbon for this also.

then there is the guess what is in the diaper game. You fill each diaper with something different such as vanilla extract, tanning lotion, or whatever you can think of. Then pass the diapers around and let each person smell the diaper (without opening and peeking).

If you visit orientaltrading.com there are some great favors. For the prizes I made themed baskets, coffee, picture frames, pedicure, things like that.

I hope this helps!!
    Neat!! Thanks alot!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

IT'S A GIRL!!!!
    SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND FOR THE BABY AND SHOPPING NEXT WEEK FOR THE SHOWER!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Well the shower was today and it was pretty good! I have ton's of picture's (up to the point my battery died on my camera.) but I think I did a pretty good job on the decorations! I'll add picture's tomorrow.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Awww, baby elephants, Awwwwwwwwww! Look at them taking a shower, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so adorable!

lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

As you all can see I haven't gotten any pics up. Maybe after I finish uploading my last scrapbooking pics I will get them done and put on here.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

okay here are some of the pictures and to see them all go here...tiffanylindsey/scrapbook pictures/baby shower pics - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    It's a girl mints and hersey kisses

these candles were done up for her Bridal shower last year and I just re did the flowers on them.

these blocks came from the dollar tree!

I did the baby bottels and pouches

and I helpped my grandmother make the orange blossums (little cakes with orange juice)

Last edited by lilo88; 06-10-2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

her grandmother made these blankets and sweaters.

thats the shirt I made her!

Last edited by lilo88; 06-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

her grandmother makes cakes (she also did her wedding cake)

4D ultrasound. The baby looks a little like her and my cousin. SO CUTE!!
    Last edited by lilo88; 06-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Tiffany, looks like you did a lovely job! Being the shower hostess is a big job, and you threw a beautiful shower for your cousin's wife. Great job!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast