Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Celebrations Discuss WAHOO!!! MY Husband is the greatest!!! in the General Discussions forums; Happy 4th of July to me!!! My husband just told me that exactly one month from today we will be WDW BOUND!!!!!!!! He booked a 10th wedding anniversary surprise trip ...

WAHOO!!! MY Husband is the greatest!!!

Happy 4th of July to me!!! My husband just told me that exactly one month from today we will be WDW BOUND!!!!!!!! He booked a 10th wedding anniversary surprise trip for us!!!!! I am so excited right now I can hardly contain myself!!!

Some of you know that Jim has been working some insane hours lately and hasn't had much free time to spend with the boys or I. We had always said that we would be back at WDW for sure to celebrate or 10th wedding anniversary since it is where we honeymooned! Until this morning I thought it wasn't going to be possible with everything that has been going on.

I cannot believe he took it upon himself to do this! I am one happy wife right now!!!

Jim is looking forward to having some time off from work and enjoying some much needed family time! This will be our very first trip of just our family of four. Jim asked my Mom to sit this trip out so we could celebrate our anniversary and have some family time just the four of us. I haven't talked to my Mom yet, but Jim said she completely understood! THANKS MOM!

Now to start planning and packing!!!!!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    WooHoo! Happy 4th of July to you Melissa! You do indeed have a great husband to so thoughtfully plan a 10th anniversary trip! HAVE A GREAT TIME. Here's an early Happy 10th Anniversary wish for you guys!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love the fact it will only be your family and no outside members! What memories those will make! So special! Enjoy your time- how exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I love the fact it will only be your family and no outside members! What memories those will make! So special! Enjoy your time- how exciting!
    I think my Mother might take exception to being called an "outside member"!!! I just got off the phone with her and she said as much as she would love to go that she's happy we will be able to have this time just the four of us! She knows how little we've seen of Jim lately because of his job and besides...my Dad pouts when she leaves him at home and goes to Disney with us!

flutter is offline Moderator
    But now you don't have a babysitter so you and the hubby can out for a romantic anniversary dinner. Maybe V can help you out

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Awesome!! Yay!!! What a fantastic anniversary gift! Alas with Bill being a stay-at-home dad I don't see this in my future... it's me who has to book such things. LOL! How cool for you though! Have fun girl!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    So I guess this means I cant go with you, huh???

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    But now you don't have a babysitter so you and the hubby can out for a romantic anniversary dinner. Maybe V can help you out
    That's fine with us! We are going for our anniversary, but also for some much needed family time! We have actually never been out to dinner or anywhere without our boys since Parker was born 8 years ago. We like it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by uratoon View Post
    So I guess this means I cant go with you, huh???
    NO! You cannot!

I was surprised how easy it was to still get pretty much everything I wanted for restaurants when I called to make ADR's only being a month away!

And as far as a 'romantic' anniversary dinner....we will be dining at 1900 Park Fare with Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia! I have been dying to go back to this character meal since they were added!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Your husband takes you to WDW and mine doesn't call for 3 days! I don't think I'm getting a trip out of my stint as a single parent --well, other than the one I am taking. Maybe I"ll be quiet now.

Glad you got your ADRs! Sounds like fun for the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Your husband takes you to WDW and mine doesn't call for 3 days! I don't think I'm getting a trip out of my stint as a single parent --well, other than the one I am taking. Maybe I"ll be quiet now.

Glad you got your ADRs! Sounds like fun for the whole family.
    Yeah...I think you need to hush woman!

I was just looking over the ADR's seeing if anything needs to be moved around or if it's all good...

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You are one lucky lady!
    Shoot, I am just thrilled to pieces my DH helped me book my flight instead of telling me it was too expensive.

Oh to have a Disney husband... give that great husband of yours hugs from me!
    What a Prince!!!!!!

And I am totally looking forward to all the new pictures of your great family!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Awww Jim's such a good guy. I'm so excited for you Melis!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wow.. You know what I got for my 10th wedding anniversary.. Preg! uhhh nevermind....

That's far out Melissa... Maybe THIS trip report you could finish... Have you booked any ADR'S yet?

And you said Jim was good for nothin..... You better be kissing his feet until next year girlie...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You will love 1900 Park Faire with Lady Tremaine and the step-sisters. They were hilarious.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast