Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Celebrations Discuss Ways to Celebrate a birthday in WDW in the General Discussions forums; Okay so were heading down November 14th for my birthday on the 15th I will be turning 20. We are eating at Chef Mickeys for my birthday dinner and spending ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Ways to Celebrate a birthday in WDW

Okay so were heading down November 14th for my birthday on the 15th I will be turning 20. We are eating at Chef Mickeys for my birthday dinner and spending the day in the MK. What should I do to celebrate my birthday the Disney way? And when we check in at the hotel if my mom tells the front desk it's my birthday will they do anything for me, like have a card from Mickey and Minnie? Any and all help is appreciated!! Also you all can share your Birthday memories from in WDW
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Your mom should definitely tell the front desk, you will get a Birthday button to wear. While that doesn't guarantee that anything else special will happen, it will make cast members aware of your special day and you'll be surprised how they will go out of the way to make your day special.

I went to the World with my brothers & sister in law for my 40th & had a really nice time being able to pick which rides to go on next, I definitely liked that perk.

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Definetly get a birthday button!!! I got one for my 28th birthday and the majority of the CM's wished me a Happy Birthday and we even got fastpasses for the Buzz Lightyear ride from another guest who didn't need them, he said Happy Birthday and handed them over! My 2 kids thought I was super cool!!
    DTSZ

Thank you both for the advise!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I echo the thoughts on the button for sure! But when before you get there have your mom call and tell your hotel that there is a birthday going on and tell them your favorite character. You might just get a little surprise...such as the card you mentioned ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy87 View Post
    I echo the thoughts on the button for sure! But when before you get there have your mom call and tell your hotel that there is a birthday going on and tell them your favorite character. You might just get a little surprise...such as the card you mentioned ;0)
    Thanks I'll ask her to do that. Thanks!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Howdy Tiffany my friend!

I've posted this before in some threads after we got back from our WDW trip last July, so its been a while.
    We timed the trip to coincide with oldest DD's sweet 16 b-day.
    We usualy go in July anyway, so it wasn't really a stretch.
    Anyway...

When we got to our resort ( All Star Music ), we went up to our room & then the kiddo's went swimming. Dw & myself then went down to the front desk & got her a b-day button. We then went across the lobby to the concierge desk & talked to a wonderful young lady named Ashley. We told her about DD's sweet 16 comin' up in a couple of days on July 12th. She told us to just take it easy & that she would take care of everything. We really didn't quite know exactly what she meant, but were soon to find out.
    The morning of her b-day, we were waiting at the front of the line at MK for rope drop.
    The cast member that was there, an older gentleman, saw her b-day button & other stuff she had on for her special day. He then got the crowed of about 250 - 300 that were in line behind us to sing Happy Birthday to her! It was awesome!!! She was a bit red, but absolutely loved it!
    All day castmembers & guests were wishing her happy b-day and just doing cool little things like letting us move up in line a few times & stuff!
    Then, wit hen we went back to the resort to take a mid-day break & walked into our room, there were a few surprises!
    There was a Minnie t-shirt, balloons, a card from Cinderella, half a dozen red roses, a Minnie plush, some key chains & some other stuff I can't remember right now!!! It was just nuts!!!!! And we didn't pay 1 red cent for any of it! They just did it!!!!

Bottom line my friend...
    I obviously can't guarantee anything, but have your family cover those b-day bases!
    I hope that is the absolute BEST b-day that you have had... So far!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

NEAT!! Thank you Mr. Steve! That's amazing! I don't think we will be at the park at rope drop though with not getting in to the hotel until 7:00pm or after lol. But I will defiantly tell my mom and dad to ask the concierge desk about something they could do.

Thank you all for the advice!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My daughter got a b-day pin from the CM when we checked in because her b-day was "close enough". At 1900 Park Faire, she received a placemat, a happy b-day tiara, and a giant cupcake. As an aside, this dinner was probably the best one we had during this trip. The step-sisters and step-mother were hysterical.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Thats cute!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I'll be celebrating mine on the 10th October in the Magic Kingdom and at night, we'll be going to MNSSHP!!

[All cards can be addressed to me at The Beach Club - Hee Hee!!!! Joking!]

This will be the 2nd time I've celebrated my birthday at WDW!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Rich!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member