Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Celebrations Discuss 4 Years?! in the General Discussions forums; CELEBRATING 4 YEARS! Hello everyone! According to my calendar, on February 3 its my 4th anniversary here on WDW Radio! A lot has changed in my life and a lot ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

4 Years?!

CELEBRATING 4 YEARS!

Hello everyone!

According to my calendar, on February 3 its my 4th anniversary here on WDW Radio! A lot has changed in my life and a lot has changed here on WDW Radio.

I joined 4 years ago while doing research for a speech that I was doing on my favorite vacation destination (WDW, of course). I had major back surgery just 3 weeks before on January 12. I was at home for 2 months before I went back to school. My new-found love for WDW helped me through the recovery. Just 2 weeks before my surgery, I was in WDW. When I joined the site was an orangy-yellow and it was called DisneyWorldTrivia. It will still be DWT in my heart.

I have met a lot (and I do mean a lot) of new friends on this site. Some of them I consider best friends. Some friends have come and gone and some have stayed. Since I joined, I graduated high school, started college (which I am currently in), I became a God Father and a Disney newsletter columnist, and I (finally) found a job. Plus, I (with the help of Kerry and a few other members) pulled off a 40th birthday surprise for Lou that he didn't even see coming! (I still have the link! Lou's 40th Birthday Card | Celebrating the 40th Birthday of DWT's Very Own...)

I haven't been on here as much as I would like to be. As I'm sure many of us are aware, "real life" gets in the way too often. College is a lot of work, throw a job and personal life in there and it leaves very little time for anything else. Christmas was the worst for this. I work in retail and I worked 98.25 hours over Christmas and lemme tell you that it wasn't fun at all!

Anyway, I would like to thank Lou and all of the Mods for all of their hard work. This is a great site! I plan on becoming more active as summer approaches. If you would like to get in touch with me, feel free to PM me, email, or find me on Facebook. (Email and Facebook link are in my profile).

Thanks for reading and here's to another 4 (or more) years! Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you all again real soon!
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 01-30-2011 at 12:27 AM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: 4 Years?!

Happy Anniversary!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Happy Anniversary!! I know what you mean about work and personal life getting in the way of DWT!! I'll try to sent ya a PM so we can catch up soon. Great to hear from you!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Happy Anniversary!!!! I must admit Im more of a lurker than poster, but have decided this year to change all that!!