Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Coupons and Discounts Discuss Best WDW Meal for the $$$???? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; My favorite place is Captain Jack,s in the Marketplace. Kids seem to like sitting by the windows and watching the boats in the lagoon....
    dan1aoh is offline A-Ticket holder
    My favorite place is Captain Jack,s in the Marketplace. Kids seem to like sitting by the windows and watching the boats in the lagoon.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I have to go with O'Hana's at the Poly, I think it is worth every penny, I usually don't eat pretty much all day, just so I can get seconds of the chicken wings. I eat a whole alot of Shrimp. And that is all you can eat, so you get your fill, but leave room for the Pineapple and Carmel Dip. AWESOME!!!!
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know this is not the answer everyone was looking for but I thought it was an interesting fact. Our own internal research and polling of guests(I'm a CM) has shown that the restaurant that has the highest value rating on the ENTIRE property is Victoria & Alberts. Granted I'm not saying least expensive, but actual "bang for the buck" as rated by our guests. Funny considering that it is the most expensive of all. Dinner for 2 can easily cost about $250.00 with tip. I think it is very telling of the quality of the food and service at that location.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That is very interesting, Mouseman. Sometimes, you get what you pay for!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Candlelight Processional dinner package

I have to go with the Candlelight Processional dinner package - at Le Cellier. You get a huge meal for the set price AND a discount on your souvineers at Epcot that day! Last time we went, three of us did our Christmas shopping at Mousegears and basically saved enough there to pay for one of the three dinner packages!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

ldsmom@Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

AK dining certificates

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    An overall good bang for your buck for our family are the meal "plus" certificates that are offered in Animal Kingdom. The certificates are $5.99 for children and $11.99 for adults. The certificate have coupons that are good for 1 entree (w/a drink), 1 ice cream (or popcorn), and 1 additional bottled soda or water. The entrees can be redeemed at any counter restaurant in Animal Kingdom (Flame Tree BBQ is a personal fav) and the ice cream and drinks can be redeemed at any cart vendor in Animal Kingdom.
    I noticed that this post is kind of old. Does this program still exist? (If so, where do you buy the certificates?) That would be a great help for those of us that can't go until the free dining program is over!

Thanks!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    i would have to say Ohanas!! My family loves going there and the fun activities they have for all ages is AMAZING!! the food is absolutely fantastic and it is a great place to watch the fireworks at MK! I Breathe and Sleep OHANA!! "OHANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"
    :mickey:
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 06-22-2006 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling errors

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    I liked the itallian place @ SoG ( no I'm not saying that because I like SoG )
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    there are a few burger places around with the fixin's bar. You can make a killer hamburger with this - there is one (and the name escapes me) in the Magic Kingdom, past the Country Bears - almost always crowded, but there are lots of different rooms.
    This thread was dead by a year when resureccted, so i dunno if we are helping him... but I LOVE to talk about WDW food, so i had to chime in as well!

The restaurant that he is speaking of is Pecos Bill's. Love the food, but i have always felt that with the way the dining areas are laid out, it can feel a bit cramped.

Most folks forget that Cosmic Ray's Starlight cafe over in Tomorrowland has the EXACT same burgers and fixin bar selections, and it has the added attraction of Sonny Ecilpse, an AA alien lounge act.

Pinnochio's Village Haus used to have the same burgers as well, and the same fixin bars. However, they changed menus a couple of years ago, now they serve pizzas and stuff.

How do i know for sure that Cosmic's and Pecos serves the same stuff? I was a college program CM in 1997 (at Pinnochio's) and often was sent over to either one of these places to help when they were shorthanded. it all comes from the same place, and they use the same seasonings. my roomate worked at the Electric Umbrella over at Epcot, so i pulled overtime overthere whenever possible as well, and they have the same set up, equipment, and seasonings there as well. the meat comes from the same warehouse for all burger joints on property.

that's why it always kills me when Lou (sorry buddy) talks about Pecos having the best burgers on property, 'cause Cosmic Rays and the Electric umbrella have the exact same ones. when ever he and Nathan are talking bugers on the podcast, and Lou states that Pecos has the best burgers, I always yell "Cosmic Ray's is cooler, though!!!"

This is not a comment on service, friendlyness, clenliness, etc, which is where he may get his opinion.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Interesting!

I love Cosmic Ray's too, and as 4Mickey can attest from our trip to WDW, food is first with me!

My kids love all the fixings bars at WDW, they enjoy getting a burger (or chicken nuggets, etc) and getting plenty of pickles and a heap of ketchup all to themselves....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes
    The restaurant that he is speaking of is Pecos Bill's. Love the food, but i have always felt that with the way the dining areas are laid out, it can feel a bit cramped.

Most folks forget that Cosmic Ray's Starlight cafe over in Tomorrowland has the EXACT same burgers and fixin bar selections, and it has the added attraction of Sonny Ecilpse, an AA alien lounge act.
    Yes, that is the place SHE was speaking of, I just couldn't remember the name when I was typing that out. I learned about Cosmic Rays on my trips in February with the girls. Definately laid out better...I agree that the rooms are cramped at Pecos, especially at HIGH NOON.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Yes, that is the place SHE was speaking of, I just couldn't remember the name when I was typing that out. I learned about Cosmic Rays on my trips in February with the girls. Definately laid out better...I agree that the rooms are cramped at Pecos, especially at HIGH NOON.
    And I can attest GaRain (LARA) enjoyed the fries with cheese sauce from the fixin's bar!!! Yum!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    SHE
    Sorry, saw they guy in the Avatar, thought that was you... 'poligize.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    at the Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT, you can get an awesome black bean burrito for $4.50...and it fills you up.
    Plus, all of my family and friends like it better than the meaty tacos. THe beans are fresher and very healthy.
    The Goofy Princess

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My personal fav is Cosmic Ray's for counter service and Boatwrite's in the Port Orleans Riverside. Being from La. I was not disappaointed in the cajun food at Boatwrite's. The price wasn't bad either.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast