Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Coupons and Discounts Discuss Best WDW Meal for the $$$???? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Hmm... best bang for the buck huh? I'd say that most of the buffet-style places are pretty good buys. Trail's End is a family favorite. The character buffets such as ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hmm... best bang for the buck huh? I'd say that most of the buffet-style places are pretty good buys. Trail's End is a family favorite. The character buffets such as Crystal Palace tend to be a bit pricier, but the "show" is usually better there too. There are exceptions to this however, in places such as the Whispering Canyon Cafe, one of my absolute favorite places to eat. The atmosphere is great, the "show" is fantastic, and if you get their signature Canyon Skillet, it's all you can eat, and for a moderate price. I love it.

Another place with fantastic atmosphere that I love is the 50s Prime Time Cafe, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best deal when it comes to quality and quantity of food for the dollar spent. Also, someone else already mentioned La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico as a good sized meal for a fair price, and I'd have to agree with them, but only if you actually enjoy Mexican. There is very little variety at most Word Showcase locations, provided their purpose is to showcase foods from their native lands. While I enjoy the place, my girlfriend can't stand Mexican food, and so it's not even an option when we're there together.

As for the debate about best burgers and their fixin's, I 'd have to agree with BryanFykes about the burgers in the parks all being the same. However, I don't recall seeing the sauteed mushrooms on the toppings bars (although I could be wrong) any place other than Pecos Bills. But I wouldn't go so far as to say all burgers are the same OUTSIDE the parks... I've got a new favorite place that I just tried for the first time a few weeks ago. It was already mentioned here earlier in the thread, but I'll throw it out here again - Beaches and Cream, in front of the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. It's an old fashioned soda shoppe, where you can pull up a stool at the counter and watch them make your burgers, shakes, sodas, and ice creams right there. It's really good, and the prices are great. The burger I got there was far superior to any I'd ever gotten in the parks. I think my girlfriend and I averaged about $12 a piece for our dinners and drinks. And the ice creams are all pretty huge... especially if you order the Kitchen Sink. I don't recommend that one for any parties smaller than 4 however... It's a big dessert!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    MainStreet, USA said
    And the ice creams are all pretty huge... especially if you order the Kitchen Sink. I don't recommend that one for any parties smaller than 4 however... It's a big dessert!
    If you do not believe him, here is a picture:
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    "... and a whole can of whipped cream!!!"
    "The whole can???"
    "Yep... The whole can!!!"

(Sorry, you might have to go visit Beaches and Cream to understand that little bit, but trust me... it's good eatin for what you spend.)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We love Columbia Harbour House at the magic kingdom. It has very good food for counter service and most people don't there is a sitting area on the second floor. You can get away from the craziness of the park for a few minutes of quiet up there. We eat there several times ever time we visit WDW.
    Sorry to say the meal certificates at the animal kingdom are gone. It was a great deal especially for kids. With the big emphasis on the dining plan they decided to do away with them.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Ok....
    Snack - Turkey Legs
    Counter Service - Pecos Bill's in MK cos of its fab fixin's bar
    Buffet - Boma
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The "All You Can Eat" Family style breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. You can't beat it for $10.99 per adult (beverages are extra), and the entertainment there is pretty good too.
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Counter service - The Sunshine Seasons in the basement of The Land in EPCOT, amazing variety Flame tree in AK a close second with Harbour Hou e in MK 3rd
    Table service - Liberty Tree Inn MK I think it's a pretty nice meal with a reasonable cost
    All you care to eat - Thwe Buffet in Germany, but yuou have to Like german food, great desserts!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    McDonalds Fries great meal. LOL!
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by #1EeyoreFan View Post
    McDonalds Fries great meal. LOL!
    Yeah - but that's also one of my meals away from Disney too. LOL!

Seriously this is a great thread. I have to chime in again on the Crystal Palace. It's just terrific. My mom is vegetarian (but thankfully not vegan) and it's tough to find a place where we can ALL eat (and enjoy a really good meal) on a trip. She always has great options and can eat more than just sides when we go there.

Another good bang for your buck that's outside the parks is the Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. I know, I know it seems pricey at first glance but I skipped the sparkling wine and had the "Buckingham Palace". WAY more food than I expected, delicious and very filling.

Also - like yourself I've been to Disney a ton of times and this was a very different Disney dine experience. Quiet, peaceful (but not stuffy) and a really good break from the park hustle and bustle. Plus it's only a short monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom.

Their menu is on allears.net. I can't post links yet since I'm a newbie but it should be easy to find.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    counter serive- columbia house
    sit down(lunch only though)-plaza restraunt
    all you car eto eat- shoot i forget the name i think its Hollywood and Vine i think

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Gotta agree with Columbia Harbour House
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Here's another vote for Columbia Harbor House and for Hollywood & Vine - we always go to these when we're at WDW.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I vote any of the CP buffets!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i loved!!!

norway's breakfast with the princesses... AWESOME potato stuff.. and lil muffins!
    the liberty tavern.... AWESOME roasted beef and turkey and the salad with the strawberry vingerette was OH MY GOSH!!! GOOD
    the pulled pork at the acklot express was good!
    and San Angel at epcot had the best food oh my gosh!!! i had the como platter and the chicken was just the best
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i would say Chef Mickeys and California Grill
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site