Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Coupons and Discounts Discuss Disney Visa Offer: March 31 - May 21, 2008 in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Hey there, I wasn't sure if this was posted somewhere already (I didn't see it, but ya just never know). Hoepfully, this will be helpful to someone. A new promotion ...
    SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney Visa Offer: March 31 - May 21, 2008

Hey there,

I wasn't sure if this was posted somewhere already (I didn't see it, but ya just never know). Hoepfully, this will be helpful to someone.

A new promotion was released today for Disney Visa Cardholders.

Book a Magic Your Way Package with a Base Ticket at a Walt Disney World Resort and receive a free ticket upgrade to Park Hopper and Water Fun & More!

Travel Dates: March 31 - May 21, 2008
    Book By: March 21, 2008

Codes
    Base Magic Your Way Package: APU
    Magic your Way plus Basic Dining: APW
    Magic your Way plus Deluxe Dining: APY

Availability is limited.

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Has anybody booked this package? I already have a reservation in May with rooms at the AAA rate. I was considering calling WDW reservations to see how the rate compares with what I have. But the email says "For stays most Sunday-Thursday nights 3/30 - 5/21/08" and we'll be there over a weekend, so I don't think this will help us. I could call, but I'm at work, and I don't want anybody to overhear me booking yet another trip to Disney. I'm afraid they'll make fun of me.

The rate does not discount the rooms, but rather gives you a free park hopper and water park option to your base tickets.

So, if you are planning on purchasing park hopper tickets anyways, the new offer will save you about $47 per ticket for the park hopper and another $53 per ticket for the water park option. That is, of course, if it turns out to be available for your stay.

Thanks, SuzyQ. I read that, but it didn't quite sink in that that was all there was to the offer, probably because I read it at 5:30 this morning. I'm planning on upgrading my park hoppers to annual passes during this trip, so I don't want the water parks option. I might change my mind about the annual pass if I saw a super good offer, but I'm kinda hoping I don't see any of those, because it would be really cool to have an annual pass. Great excuse to fit in another WDW trip or two.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    This probably doesn't hold relevance for you in this situation, but please note that you *can* update a Magic Your Way ticket to a non-premium Annual Pass even if the MYW ticket has the Water Park Fun & More option. The requirement is that you can only upgrade to a premium AP if you've already *used* one of the WPF&M option's admissions. If you just get the upgraded ticket, and don't visit the water parks (or PI or DQ), you can still upgrade to a normal AP.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Hey there,

I wasn't sure if this was posted somewhere already (I didn't see it, but ya just never know). Hoepfully, this will be helpful to someone.

A new promotion was released today for Disney Visa Cardholders.

Book a Magic Your Way Package with a Base Ticket at a Walt Disney World Resort and receive a free ticket upgrade to Park Hopper and Water Fun & More!

Travel Dates: March 31 - May 21, 2008
    Book By: March 21, 2008

Codes
    Base Magic Your Way Package: APU
    Magic your Way plus Basic Dining: APW
    Magic your Way plus Deluxe Dining: APY

Availability is limited.
    Suzy,

I was just wondering - where did you learn about this promotion? I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, and I hadn't heard about it. It's a nice promo, so I'd like to be "in the know" about similar promos in the future.

Thanks!

Smack81

I never find out about it via Visa either. I always just keep an eye on MouseSavers.com, who generally has these offers the day they come out.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Oh, ok. I love mousesavers! And you're right, now that I think about it...she's always got good offers on there. I'll remember this. Thanks!

I got an email from Chase. Have you ever registered at the Disney Rewards Visa website? BTW...I ended up trading in my AAA room discount for this package. I originally booked a preferred room with AAA discount at ASMo for 5/16 - 5/19 with 4-day park hoppers and the price was $850. Cancelled that reservation and booked the Visa offer with preferred room at ASMo and 4 day-parkhoppers with free WP&M for $815.

Yes, I'm registered at chase.com, I do all my online credit card banking there. But I've also unchecked every "send me email about xyz offer" I could find, so that could explain it too.

Hi Smack,

Like Annie mentioned, if you are registered with Chase Disney Visa, they usually send out the email the day it drops. Though, I have found that the first few times they sent them, they ended up in my spam folder so I needed to make them a 'safe' sender.

I work in the travel industry, so I do hear about them right when they drop - so that is my best avenue. We are AP holders and our problem was that we wanted to take advantage of the dining. Thankfully, they are now allowing AP holders who book AP rooms the ability to add dining (yeah). My husband is very happy about that!