Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Coupons and Discounts Discuss Disney Brings Back Free Dining for Fall!!! in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; Does this end up being a really good deal?...
    skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Does this end up being a really good deal?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know if the rules are the same as last year? My DH & I were going to do the meal plan but didn't. I had asked last year if I could exchange a table service meal for a counter service and was told no. We went last year with our then 8 month old son and just didn't see him sitting through a sit down meal EVERY night. That's why we didn't do it. My cousin did it last summer with her family and said it was SO worth it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The rules are the same as last year, as far as I can tell. There is a page describing the whole plan on the Disney website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...iningPkg06Page

At 18 months, your son may do better with the table service meals. The character meals count as table service, and it's a welcome respite from the heat. He might also enjoy the Spirit of 'Ohana show at the Polynesian, which counts as 2 table-service meals.

As for it being a really good deal, it depends on your family and how much you like to eat. For about $39 a day per adult and $11 per kid 3-9 yrs old, it is a decent value if you eat a lot. The plan covers per person, per night: 1 table-service meal (ANY appetizer, entree, dessert, or buffet and non-alcoholic beverage, all tax and 15% gratuity included), 1 counter service meal (ANY entree, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage or a combo meal, and tax), and 1 snack (popcorn, ice cream bar, beverage, etc. varies by location). Note the ANY in the above descriptions: if you want the highest priced items on each menu, you can have them. With a little planning, you can easily eat $39 worth of food. With a little more planning, you can save a lot of money and experience some of the best food on property. For example: dinner at the Garden Grill is $27.99 per adult (plus tax & gratuity) and $12.99 per child. Right there you've already saved money on the child's meals, and you only had to have a counter-service meal worth more than about $1.98 to have made up the cost of the plan for the day for the adult.

The warning is, this is a LOT of food per meal per person. If you normally just grab a burger and share some fries, this is probably not the plan for you. But if you've always wanted to try Le Cellier and Les Chefs de France and the Concourse Steakhouse, but money was a concern, this may be the opportunity you've wanted.

Now, when the dining plan is free, like they are offering with special packages from Aug. 19 - Sept. 30, you can see there is the potential for huge savings!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the info, Pat. I printed the Plan from the WDW website. There are some restaurants that are included that I've wanted to try, but never did because I didn't want to spend the money on a dinner that I didn't enjoy. With this plan, you can really eat your way through the World.
    We plan on going down in September, right after Labor Day. I think I will be taking advantage of this package. ::

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Good news for all you procrastinators out there: (Thank you, AllEarsNet!)

Booking window extended for Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Vacation Package with FREE Dining Plan!

You now have until June 25, 2006, to book a Magic Your Way package with theme park tickets and the FREE dining plan for most nights August 13 - September 30, 2006. The package includes:

-- a stay at a Disney resort (minimum 3-night, maximum 10-night).
    -- Disney theme park admission.
    -- FREE Disney Dining Plan. Receive one quick service meal, a select snack and one table-service meal per person, per night of your package. Choose from more than 100 select Disney restaurants, including Disney character dining.

You must book by June 25, 2006, to take advantage of this offer. Call Disney directly or your Travel Agent.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12