Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Coupons and Discounts Discuss AAA Diamond Parking in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; So, you've just driven 1700 miles to WDW, and you finally arrive at the TTC parking lot, only to find that you are about another 30 miles away from the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up AAA Diamond Parking

So, you've just driven 1700 miles to WDW, and you finally arrive at the TTC parking lot, only to find that you are about another 30 miles away from the entrance (tram-time, kids).

Well, you may or may not know about some "secret, preffered" parking spots right up front! That's right! If you're a AAA member, and book your WDW vacation through AAA, you get certain privileges, including AAA Diamond Parking at the MK, Epcot and the Disney-MGM Studios.

AAA will give you a special pass that will allow you to park close to the park entrances (there are certain blackout days during special events, etc.)

Talk with your AAA agent for more details.

-------------------------------------------------

I have a question that was asked of me yesterday: Are the passes yours to keep, and therefore able to be used at all parks during your trip, or do you need one pass per park per day?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    So, you've just driven 1700 miles to WDW, and you finally arrive at the TTC parking lot, only to find that you are about another 30 miles away from the entrance (tram-time, kids).

Well, you may or may not know about some "secret, preffered" parking spots right up front! That's right! If you're a AAA member, and book your WDW vacation through AAA, you get certain privileges, including AAA Diamond Parking at the MK, Epcot and the Disney-MGM Studios.

AAA will give you a special pass that will allow you to park close to the park entrances (there are certain blackout days during special events, etc.)

Talk with your AAA agent for more details.

-------------------------------------------------

I have a question that was asked of me yesterday: Are the passes yours to keep, and therefore able to be used at all parks during your trip, or do you need one pass per park per day?
    Have never been able to use the AAA lots as they fill up fast. I think the card is good for 1 year. They used to have dates on them, but the last ones I had were generic. I am sure the CM's will let you in if you have a AAA pass of any vintage and there is room. The CM's work for Disney, not AAA.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

2ofUs is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a AAA membership, but was told they only provide these when you book your trip through AAA. Is that correct?
    Happy Travelers - can't afford it, but gotta do it!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes, I belive that may be true. However, once you get one, you can reuse it on another trip.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

McGinnFamily is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Done with your diamond pass?

If there is anyone out there who is willing to let us use their diamond parking pass for our trip in September 2005, please email me. We are taking my Mother in Law with us, and parking closer would be a plus, and she isn't eligible for a handicap permit. I understand that these passes are good for 1 year, so if you are all done with yours, please think about handing it down to us.

Thanks,
    Rita
    oigotscoop@sbcglobal.net