Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Coupons and Discounts Discuss Halloween Costume Discounts???? in the Money Saving Tips / Budgeting forums; I checked mouse savers.com but didn't find anything...does anyone have any discount codes for halloween costumes on disneystore.com?...
    Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder

Halloween Costume Discounts????

I checked mouse savers.com but didn't find anything...does anyone have any discount codes for halloween costumes on disneystore.com?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagar55
    I checked mouse savers.com but didn't find anything...does anyone have any discount codes for halloween costumes on disneystore.com?

I did, but it expired September 24th.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Try HALLOWEEN2004. It gave me a small discount (I think 10%) a week ago of a Stitch costume.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Disneystore.com is having a sale on their Halloween costumes right now.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    And yet a year later they are having a sale again...tho last week the Nemo costume was 19.99 and this week its 24.99...opted to make my own...cheaper...lol

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Why not dare to be different? Try a Captain Nemo costume...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

OH MAN....now you suggest that....My BF could have been him . You will like the fact that he is being a scuba diver tho(totally homemade costume-tooooooooooo expensive to even rent) Goes with the little fish daughter and I am being the fish tank...I could have been the sub instead. Yes I have too much time on my hands.......lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

A diver costume wouldn't really cost that much to make. You can pick wetsuits up for pretty cheap prices these days. Cheaper quality masks and fins can be found just as easily. Take one or two 2l bottles and tape them together, maybe paint them - Easy SCUBA unit!

- Walt Disney

LOL....thats what I did....tape up the soda bottles with yellow duct tape.great minds think alike...LOL Bought a plastic jump rope as the hose and a discounted toy snorkel to attach the hose to for the mouthpiece...we already had the mask(toy too) and bought a tight black shirt and pants for him to wear which I also did up in yellow duct tape...still gotta make the fins(out of fun foam to just lay over the top of his shoes and clip around the back but still go flop flop when he walks). With the exception of the funfoam and the toy snorkel(35 cents US$) everything came from a goodwill(secondhand) store. I think totalcast around $12 US. Will try to post pics if it ever works for me..lol

Sounds great! It's much better when these things are homemade.
    It always takes away from the fun to simply buy some over-priced plastic-filled thing.

I am demanding pics btw!

- Walt Disney

I will if he lets me take them....he is worried about..ummm how can I say this ummm certaiin body parts being more prominant than others...lol told him I'll make him a diver belt to cover it..lol

Ah, enough said.

- Walt Disney

question tho 20K....would one tank or 2 look better? well two questions....what do divers carry on those belts you guys wear? the less I have to make the better...lol

P.S. I think homemade is more fun too and I have to do a good job on ours (we have a title to uphold after all) won in group category in my town 2 years running now...going for # 3...lol

Divers no longer typically wear two-cylinder SCUBA units, often because of safety reasons, often due to the fact that no one needs to go that deep or stay under that long, and mainly because a lot of divers are too weak to carry them! They are still used on deep dives, and I have seen them being used by both the Royal Navy and the US Navy in place of the more standard rebreather for certain dives. In my opinion, the costume would look much better with a twin-cylinder rig though. Gives it a more '60s Sunday morning serial kind of feeling. Think of Sea Hunt!

The belts are first and foremost for carrying weights to compensate for the wetsuit and other limitations. However, many divers carry additional knives, EMT shears (For cutting your way out), flashlights, waterproof maps, shotlines to the surface, anything really. I prefer to keep my knife on my leg though, much easier to reach to. You could probably make pretty decent false weights out of cardboard, and the norm is generally six or so, three on either side of the buckle.

Any more questions?

- Walt Disney

Thank you for the answers. I dont think I have any more questions at least for the moment...lol

Cool I can just hang some weights and a fake knife and a flashlight that would work and make it look realish....and I think I will do 2 tanks. Prob most ppl think of divers still carrying 2 anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast