Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Boma in the Vacation Planning forums; Tell me about your experiences with BOMA. My family is going in May and my mom and I decided to make ressies for this place. I've never been! Tell me ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

Boma

Tell me about your experiences with BOMA. My family is going in May and my mom and I decided to make ressies for this place. I've never been! Tell me about it!

I'm vegetarian, will that be an issue? We also have one in our party who has Celiac's... I have all the phone numbers to call the chefs and stuff so I'm sure he'll be fine.

I just want to know if we made a good choice for resort dining! We're on the dining plan, so if you have another resort restaurant to suggest, please remember that.

TIA, DWTers!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Oh my, veggies are no issue at all. They even have corn meal! I love Boma. Its a fun place with different foods. Oh...and the Zebra domes...if you like Chocolate Moose...get the Zebra Domes. Soooooo worth it. And they even have a kids buffet part! Oh, and if you did not know, it is a buffet style place. But like our usual Disney, it is fresh and never just sitting out in a heat lamp for hours. I recommend it so much. And I hope you enjoy it too!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I have not eaten at Boma yet (it's on my long list of things to do) but here is the menu from it....http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bomadin.htm
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I am an extremely picky eater. I don't like to experiment or try stuff - this was not a good place for me. I think my mom would love it though! Lots of variety and plenty of veggies. When you make youre reservations, or when you check in, let them know and the chef might even come out to explain your options.
    I was not a fan of the zebra domes, but they had some pudding stuff that was really good.
    It is an experience and a really lovely restaurant. Worth it just to get to go see the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    I was not a fan of the zebra domes, but they had some pudding stuff that was really good.
    It is an experience and a really lovely restaurant. Worth it just to get to go see the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    *GASP*

I enjoyed all the deserts...so I had at least one of each!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    *GASP*

I enjoyed all the deserts...so I had at least one of each!

Yeah, I know, sacriledge, right? But they had some sort of funky taste to me, like coffee or something. Just not my cup of tea. They had other deserts that were yummy, and some pineapple cheesecake thingie that was really good.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boma is one of our favorite restaurants. It has tons of options for everyone at your table. Some things are different then what you are used to, other things are "normal" to your table. Well worth the trip to AKL.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We go to Boma just about every trip, even when we are not staying at the AKL. We tried it for breakfast for the first time in December and that was worth the trip also. Even the scrambled eggs were great and usually all eggs taste the same.

We use to do Jiko all the time also but we now do Boma for dinner at least once.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Boma!!! i will contend your title as pickiest eater so have no fears...the food is amazing....we go every single trip...they have something for everyone...there are salads, humus and falafel(so good!), veggies...just to name a few options...and yes, the zebra domes are awesome! actually everything is really amazing...great choice! ok and i'm not going to lie, i totally nibble on some of the fries from the kids stuff...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Gonna try Boma!

My wife has been ready to try Boma for a while now, we WILL schedule a dinner there during our next trip.

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am going in July, I cant wai now!

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We LOVE Boma, and not JUST for the Zebra Domes (but they are wonderful).
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    We LOVE Boma, and not JUST for the Zebra Domes (but they are wonderful).
    ^^^ She knows whats up!

LOVE Boma!!!!! I could have gotten full on the Coconut Curry Chicken Stew all on it's own!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Aren't you glad I made you go there?
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast