Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss California Grill? in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought about trying to get a reservation at the California Grill when we go down in May. Anyone been there? Have any compliments or complaints about it? Please Share!...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

California Grill?

I thought about trying to get a reservation at the California Grill when we go down in May. Anyone been there? Have any compliments or complaints about it? Please Share!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i have been there..it is nice and has a great view if you get a window seat. It is a bit pricy and me personally would rather eat somewhere more casual. My dad on the other hand LOVES it. I guess it all depends on what type of atmosphere you like and how much you like to spend. I would try it though...doesnt hurt to try anything once in disney!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I absolutely LOVE it! I have been there probably 3-4 times. It is definitely an UPSCALE resturant. So you'll enjoy it more if you dress up a little (business casual). Make sure your reservations are about an hour before fireworks. This way you can go out to the balcony to watch the fireworks. They pipe the music inside the resturant and outside. It is one of my favorite places and I think it has better qualities then some of the other upscale ones just because you can go watch the fireworks.

The food is delicious. It changes, so there's always something new to try. Definitely save room for a dessert, and everything you eat will be delicious. I always leave full because I eat every single bite. There are some unique menu choices and some more normal ones, so I believe there is something for everyone.

I believe its more of a "romantic" or a place for "grown up friends" or "older kids, like teenagers" just because of the atmosphere of it.

You also have to give a credit card number when you make a reservation because if you cancel, they charge your account 25 bucks or something. So make sure you have your credit card handy when you call!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great food. Great view. My only complaint is that I couldn't eat all my dessert. It's as close to death by chocolate as I've ever been. If I don't have a picture of the dessert in my album in the forum, I'll try to get one put in. Everything including the birthday greetings on top were all edible.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks guys, I think we'll be using the dining plan. Does anyone know if it costs one or two sit-down tickets for dinner?
    -Nick

jturnipseed is offline A-Ticket holder
    It takes two.

Darn, I thought that it might...
    -Nick

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    If you haven't tried the Grand Concourse Steakhouse yet (Contemporary Resort), you might want to. It's not quite as pricey as California Grill (yet it's still upscale) and the food is excellent. It was my choice of restaurant to herald in the New Year two years in a row!

Here's the picture I was looking for of my birthday dessert at the California Grill.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

that looks really good, Can anyone tell me about the menu? I'm kinda picky!
    -Nick

I remember having a really, really good steak. I think my husband has fish since eating out is the one time he can depend on getting good fish, and DD probably had fish too. I don't recall the menu being really different or strange and I'm a picky eater too. Save room for dessert!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    that looks really good, Can anyone tell me about the menu? I'm kinda picky!
    The menu here changes frequently with the seasons because they use the freshest foods. Therefore, it changes weekly.

We ate here for our anniversary last year, and had a really good experience. They even had one of favorite wines that seems to be hard to find.

To get an idea of what the menu can look like:
    http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_cg.htm

As far as complaints about CG, I've been hearing reports in the last few months that the service is not up to par. YMMV.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DsnyLeigh is offline A-Ticket holder
    We ate there on my last trip and it was wonderful! Pricey, yes, but we go to higher end restaurants at home quite a bit, so it didnt scare me too bad. I have to say, though, that if you are going for the fireworks it is best viewed outside on the deck. We went early, sat at a table on the other side of the restaurant, then went outside to watch them. It was amazing!! And we didnt miss anything by not having seen them from our table.
    One other thing I learned is that there is a bar there where you can go for drinks and enjoy the view without having dinner or having reservations. Im going to be sure to do that on my next trip.