Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Need Opinions of Epcot Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey gang, I am leaving in three days to go to WDW and I bought a Dining Guide to help me choose where I would like to go on my ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Need Opinions of Epcot Dining

Hey gang,

I am leaving in three days to go to WDW and I bought a Dining Guide to help me choose where I would like to go on my trip.
    I want to try three different nice restaurants for the three days I am there. I also want to go somewhere different then where I went before.
    I am stuck on where I should go in Epcot. I have already been to Rose and Crown, Akershus, and Beirgarten.
    I am having trouble deciding between Le Cellier, Marrakesh, L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, and Les Chefs de France.

I don't really care for Chinese/Japanese or Mexican food so that leaves out those.

So whatever you can tell me between those four (prices, food choices, atmosphere) would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to try Marrakesh but wonder if I will enjoy the food. I am not an extremely picky eater but not always willing to try something totally new either. Especially if I am paying big bucks.

Any help before I go would be awesome!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Alfredo's is really nice. I don't know how you would consider the prices (but check out menus on allearsnet) But I was there on New Year's eve and it was really cool. It is kind of noisy, but the food and service was good. They also have a guy that goes around with an accordian and sings, and he takes requests. He is really good, he was singing to an 8 year old girl next to us and it was so cute. For food, there is a lot to choose from. My mom had chicken, my dad had fish i think, and i had the pasta. The pasta there is freshly made, and it was GOOOD!
    There is bound to be something you like there.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

I might have to do lunch and dinner in Epcot because there are just too many places I want to try. That sounds great skiyalater. I do like Italian so I was really thinking about that one.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Have you checked out the menus on AllEarsNet ? They list the prices too.

I enjoyed the meal at Le Cellier very much. My DD and DH tried France last time, and said the food was very good and the servers 'authentic' (translation: a bit snooty). Haven't tried Alfredos or Marrakesh, but both have gotten good reviews.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I have heard good things about Le Cellier too, so I think either one (or both) would be good choices.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've only been to Le Celier but we go back every year and will continue.
    Eric

Thanks for that link, that helps a ton.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Lucky you!! One of my personal favorites is L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, their fettucini is really good. It's also a fun atmosphere usually with some kind of strolling musicians or an opera singer. I also like Le Cellier, I had steak there once that was pretty good. I heard so much about their cheese soup so I finally got to try some at the Food and Wine Festival this year at a kiosk, and it was very good . I went to Marrakesh some time ago and remember the food being good, but not my favorite. That atmosphere is fun with the belly dancer. You may want to try that for lunch some time so you're not spending so much on the meal, just in case you don't like it. Sorry I've never been to Les Chefs de France. I agree with skiyalater in that checking out the menus is a good idea of what they offer and prices. Good Luck and have a great time
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Well one nice thing, is that I will be by myself. So even if I get an expensive meal it will be just like I was buying for two at a normal restaurant. Lol.

WASPDADUK is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi we had meal at marrakesh a couple of years ok food was great there was a lot to choose from even my 9 yo son found something he liked. Have a good time and enjoy.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I might have to do lunch and dinner in Epcot because there are just too many places I want to try. That sounds great skiyalater. I do like Italian so I was really thinking about that one.
    Yes, I love that restaurant. Some people say they are turned off by the music, but I think it is very relaxing. I suggest eating there at night though, I personally always enjoyed dinner there!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

How busy are these places normally? Are there any you need reservations for? I would be too late to make them if that is the case.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    How busy are these places normally? Are there any you need reservations for? I would be too late to make them if that is the case.
    Le Cellier you almost always need an ADR to eat here. That has been my experience with dinner, never did lunch.

Restaurant Marrakesh....we've always walked up and have gotten seated within 5 minutes for both lunch and dinner.

Chefs des France....we ate dinner there once without an ADR and only waited 15 minutes I think.

It depends on what time of year and time of day that'll dictate your wait time. We tried walking up to Teppanyaki mid-December for lunch during the week, no dice...and we ended up at Biergarten.

I have no desire to eat at Alfredo's, so I cannot comment on that one. As a general rule, I try to avoid Italian places on vacation since I have access to a lot of really good Italian food at home.

I'm not a fan of Asian food in general too, but my DH convinced me one time to give Teppanyaki a try. I ended up really liking that. However, I believe that has closed or is closing shortly to go through a major rehab to reopen in the Spring/Summer.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks MandaBella.

I will be in Epcot on Thursday so I am not sure if a day of week makes a difference in reservations.
    I agree with you on the Italian thing, there are a lot of Italian places here too. I wonder if I try Le Cellier for Lunch if I can get in. And either Alfredos or Marrakesh for dinner.

So far from what you all have been describing it sounds like Marrakesh is definately something I should try. The atmosphere sounds the coolest.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 02-04-2007 at 07:43 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If you are seriously thinking about going Le Cellier, pick up the phone and make yourself an ADR asap. It's not just the popularity of this place that makes getting in a problem, but also the fact this is a comparatively smaller restaurant than say Alfredo's. As a matter of fact the first time we tried to walk into Le Cellier, we were turned away and referred over to Alfredo's because they had a larger dining room.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast