Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss El Pirata Y El Perico in the Vacation Planning forums; When is this place ever open?? I've had an annual pass for 2 years and I've only been able to eat there once? Does anyone know exactly what it's seasonal ...
    klineski96 is offline B-Ticket Holder

El Pirata Y El Perico

When is this place ever open?? I've had an annual pass for 2 years and I've only been able to eat there once? Does anyone know exactly what it's seasonal times are? Or is there an actual official list of days it's open?

They have really good tacos and everytime I go there I start craving them!
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    It's very random. It depends on Pecos Bills and park attendance. I know that for the Pirate Princess Party's it IS open. Otherwise...sometimes I'm at work and it's closed when I start and open when I go home...it did that once. it all depends.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I'm with klineski96 on this one. I never used to have much of a taste for Tacos or much of anything Mexican-ish, but recently I seem to have acquired the necessary taste to enjoy such things, and find myself craving them almost daily now. I have been trying for over two years to eat at el Pirata y el Perico, but I have only seen it open once in the 2+ years I've been frequenting Disney as a passholder, and that was way back when I didn't really care to eat there. Now that I want to I can't catch it open. I remember how jealous I was a few weeks ago when my gf told me that it was open for the Pirate and Princess Party she was at (becasue I couldn't go with her for it). C'mon Paul... you're an Adventurelander... can't you make a suggestion or something?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    They are pretty delish, I must say. They WERE open on Friday, but it was SOOO jam packed in the park, they probably needed more space to feed the people so they opened it.

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I can't remember the last time I was in WDW and this place was open. It kinda bothers me because I always seem to want Nachos, and it's almost like the place is teasing me!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918 View Post
    They are pretty delish, I must say. They WERE open on Friday
    Gah!!! Now I'm so cranky! I was supposed to go this weekend. The parks were open later for the hliday weekend, the Daytona 500 was in town and I was eager to beat feat and get away from all the insanity over here in Daytona, and I had a few things I was hoping to get done in Disney if I got to go. AND now I find out that el Pirata y el Perico was open on top of all that??? I am SO MAD I didn't get to go.

...grrrr. All the plans went out the window just because I opted to stay up late on Friday night so I could talk to the gf for a bit, when I should have been catching z's so I could get up early yesterday and go. With all the insanity in Daytona this weekend, if you don't get out of town early, you aren't going ANYWHERE. And then I couldn't go today either, because it's the gf's birthday and she wanted me to stay home so she could talk to me (I don't have a cell phone, so we have no way to chat if I'm not at home in my apartment). Sigh.... oh, the sacrifices we make for the ones we love.
    -Don-

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I am going to the Pirate and Princess party and my main reason for going? To get FOOD FROM EL PIRATA Y EL PERICO! Lol. No joke. That's how sad my life is become. I will dish out the 36 dollars to go and then I will dish out money for food!

My SLC (Boss for RA) went and that was her favorite thing abotu the pirate and princess party. I've come to determine it's a Disney nerd thing...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

yeah...definately and Disney nerd thing...lol...at least catch the parade and fireworks, too...lololol
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    yeah...definately and Disney nerd thing...lol...at least catch the parade and fireworks, too...lololol
    Yeah. We'll watch the parade and fireworks and then who knows. Hopefully we'll meet up with someone or some of my friends that work there because otherwise I don't see us staying the entire time. We also have to go meet and greet the weird characters like Sebastian and Flounder... but yes Tacos are a must!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

I have hear that Captain Jack just might make a suprise port stop for pictures and autographs!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

I have hear that Captain Jack just might make a suprise port stop for pictures and autographs!!
    I actually heard that from my friend too. I think she said he had a massive line though when she was there so she just skipped him.

I am looking forward to it. I just have to remember to order my tickets still! We are going either March 5th or March 8th. I just have to remember to buy them...
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

It was open in June when we were there and we jumped at the chance to try it since it was the first time we had caught it open. In all honesty...I wish we would have kept walking on by until we reached Pecos Bills. I wasn't impressed.

I actually saw the good Cap'n doing pictures and autographs just across the bridge from Adventureland in the back of Liberty Square on Jan 14th. It was just in the middle of a normal day. I was suprised. But yeah, the line was a bit phenomenal.

My gf also told me she got a picture and autograph with him at one of the P&P parties she attended a couple weeks ago (she went to two of them, don't ask why).
    -Don-

klineski96 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Maybe I'll get lucky this Sunday and have tacos for lunch!
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

It was open from noon - 3pm this past Sunday for our DWT Floridians meet. I made everyone go eat there for lunch, but I didn't hear any complaints either. Wasn't half bad for theme park food! I'd certainly go back... if I can ever find it open again.

I just wish I hadn't made myself tacos the night before for supper. D'oh!
    -Don-