Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Rose and Crown- recommendations??? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to the Rose and Crown on our trip next week. This was my husbands pick and I was able to get an ADR. I know that England ...
    jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Rose and Crown- recommendations???

We are going to the Rose and Crown on our trip next week. This was my husbands pick and I was able to get an ADR. I know that England isn’t known for great food, so I was looking for recommendations on what to order. I am pretty picky and absolutely hate fish, so the fish and chips are out. Anybody have a favorite?
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." —Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't do much fish in my diet. So while my DH got the fish and chips, I ended up getting a cottage pie which is similar to shepherd's but made with beef instead of lamb. I enjoyed it. I also don't really enjoy beer, but Rose and Crown has 2 ciders on tap!!

For dessert, we opted for sticky toffee pudding which I enjoyed.

For the menu, check this out:
    Lunch: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_rcl.htm
    Dinner: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_rc.htm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i'm a picky eater in general and i won't touch fish either. i had the grilled steak (i think thats what its called) and it was very good. it has a beer sauce on it but i'm sure you could get it without. i also had chips instead of mashed potatoes and they were reaaaallllyyy good. it came with yorkshire pudding too. my dad had the cottage pie and loved it too.
    he had the bread pudding and i had the apple crumble for dessert and both were excellent. the rolls they give you ar really good too. lol now i'm super hungry. let us know what you had and how it was

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I went with the Beef Stew and absolutely loved it.
    I think Rose and Crown does not get enough credit at all. Of the restaurants I've been to it is one of my favorites.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I'm also a picky eater so that's why I liked their fish. I'm not one to try other foods that may upset my stomach. My DH had the bangers and mash and liked it. The beef stew looks good. Or order an appetizer for your meal and then get a dessert. I do that a lot!!

Enjoy!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm a picky fish eater, but I love their fish and chips. The apple crumble is very good. I'm not a beer drinker, but I sometimes opt for a glass of white wine or just a soda. I've had steak and ale pie here in London, and found that it doesn't really have an ale or beer flavor, but is very good. You might want to see if that is an option there. Think of it as a really good beef pot pie.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree with the other posts... Rose and Crown doesn't get enough credit. It is a great restaurant (for that matter - England doesn't get enough credit for its culinary tastes as a nation either. I've spent some time in and around London and I've never had a bad meal)

The recommendations most of you made are excellent. Cottage pie, Beef Stew, Bangers (sausages) and Mashed potatoes. I was in WDW last May and Rose and Crown was one of my favorite meals!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I haven't eaten there in awhile, but I do know if you want a delicious drink that isn't beer... try a Welsch Dragon. Minus mint if you don't like mint (i sure don't!)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenagirl116 View Post
    I know that England isn’t known for great food...

And, what's wrong with English food?....
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    It suffers from a poor reputation, but often that reputation is not warranted IMHO.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

shelly is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    thats what i was going to say... at least we don't have scones for breakfast!!!! thy should be eaten with jam and cream... mmmmmm making myself want one!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i am extremely picky when it comes to food too....i always get the salad and even that i think i ask for it w/o some of the ingredients in it...i believe it's the ploughman salad
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shelly View Post
    thats what i was going to say... at least we don't have scones for breakfast!!!! thy should be eaten with jam and cream... mmmmmm making myself want one!
    i figure you're the one to ask then! i was reading a book the other day which is set in england and one of the characters said something about clotted cream. what on earth is it?

jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all the ideas. I also don’t drink so I guess I wouldn’t make a great Brit. No offense on the comment about “England not being known for great food”. I didn’t mean it was bad, I just don’t really know about any English foods besides for Fish & Chips. It is just not something you see a lot of where I live. I figured there is a lot more to English food than Fish & Chips so that is why I asked. Besides, it’s not like the USA is know for its food either. Every foreigner I ever met thinks all we eat is Mc Donalds. And hey they are right about one thing, I really do like Mc Donalds.
    Last edited by jenagirl116; 03-21-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: print to small
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." —Walt Disney

shelly is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
    i figure you're the one to ask then! i was reading a book the other day which is set in england and one of the characters said something about clotted cream. what on earth is it?
    its a thick cream thats traditionaly made in devon and cornwall (south west england) and is delicious on scones (american biscits) with strawberry jam, and with a cup of tea. its called a cream tea the garden view lounge in grand floridian serves this on their 'afternoon tea' menu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast