Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss Crystal Palace Experiences in the Vacation Planning forums; After a huge success at the Garden Grill with my son, we've decided to have another character dining experience and try out the Crystal Palace. This is one of the ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Crystal Palace Experiences

After a huge success at the Garden Grill with my son, we've decided to have another character dining experience and try out the Crystal Palace. This is one of the few restaurants I've never eaten at in WDW. I figure between the fact that it's a buffet and the Pooh characters that it's perfect for us but would be curious to see what experiences you all have had there.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I loved it! We had pre-reserved all our character meals except one before we arrived. We "settled" on Crystal Palace and didn't know what to expect. We had a great time. My son fell asleep at the table (it was August and our first full Disney day. He was almost 3). I have the cutest pictures of him asleep in the high chair and the Eeyore and Pooh near him. Once he woke up, the characters all came back. The food was good too, but it really didn't matter. That was the beginning of the Disney magic for us. There are some pictures scattered throughout the "post a picture a day" thread.

We've had nothing but good experiences there and we eat there every trip! You will get the best character photos in there because of all the natural light that flows into the restaurant!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Just had breakfast there last week, it was yummy! If you make ADR for BEFORE the park opens you get in early and can get some great photos of a nearly empty main street. Our ADR was at 8:10(park opened at 9), we were done by 9 and were there when they "dropped" the rope for Adventureland.
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper View Post
    Just had breakfast there last week, it was yummy! If you make ADR for BEFORE the park opens you get in early and can get some great photos of a nearly empty main street. Our ADR was at 8:10(park opened at 9), we were done by 9 and were there when they "dropped" the rope for Adventureland.
    Ahhh well see we're doing lunch. Our ADR is for 12:45 if I remember right. Oh well we can do breakfast next time!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

We always do the lunch Jenn. The food is really good! Save room for the lemon squares for dessert! YUMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    We always do the lunch Jenn. The food is really good! Save room for the lemon squares for dessert! YUMMMMMM
    Ok so... note to self.... "Weight Watchers is a complete wash on April 16th"

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ok so... note to self.... "Weight Watchers is a complete wash on April 16th"

Hey! It's made with a fruit!

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love the crystal palace, and the Winnie the Pooh characters are my favorites, I mean Mickey is great and all but he's not Winnie or my Favorite Eeyore. The food is always good Disney chow, not a 5 star dining experience but that is not what you expect going there. Thanks for noticing!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have eaten at Crystal Palace twice now. Both times I enjoyed my experience.
    The food was good - and I am a picky eater!
    Great deserts! And both times we had good service.
    The characters all made it around in less than an hour.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    We had ADR at 8:00am and my daughter LOVED their french toast ( boy would I love that recipe HINT~HINT~. ) Its just to bad me & my DH were sick and couldn't eat anything.... I will definately go there again next to to try it out for myself.... and yes go early so you can be INSIDE when everything opens!!!!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    we had a great dinner at crystal palace. we got in about 15 minutes before our adr and man did we get dirty looks from people without them. we got our drinks right away and our waitress said it'd take about an hour and a half for all the characters to make it around because it was busy, but if we needed to go and there was one we really wanted to see, she could bring them over. the characters actually made it around in about half an hour. i'm a picky eater and the food was fantastic, lots of choices (especially in desserts where it really counts lol). great place for pictures and a gorgeous place to be in.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    It's loud, its crazy, and we think it is a blast! My family has eaten there bfast, lunch AND dinner, and love it all! The cuddly charecters, good food for buffet, and not bad service.....two thumbs up!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by sdale1227 View Post
    We had ADR at 8:00am and my daughter LOVED their french toast ( boy would I love that recipe HINT~HINT~. ) Its just to bad me & my DH were sick and couldn't eat anything.... I will definately go there again next to to try it out for myself.... and yes go early so you can be INSIDE when everything opens!!!!

is this it???

http://www.recipezaar.com/61750
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    The one i am looking for is the one in the kids food area. it had no corners and didn't look like bread.... more like a free formed batter dropped in oil to fry and then rolled in sugar every one was a different shape. does anyone know that one!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast