Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining Plan Question????? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a question regarding the dining plan. Lou mentioned on the last show about the free dining plan comming up soon. Does anyone know if there are any packages ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Dining Plan Question?????

I have a question regarding the dining plan. Lou mentioned on the last show about the free dining plan comming up soon. Does anyone know if there are any packages that include just Hotel stay and dining plan and not tickets. My wife and I get annual passes every year and don't need the tickets that out included in the package. I would love to go during free dining just don't want to have to pay for tickets I don't need for free dining.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    The only times we've done the dining plan (three times now--two were free!) it was offered with a package that included tickets. That is why we don't do annual passes, because we save more with free dining than we do with annual passes. One trip the two of us ate $672 worth of free food! We were rolled out of the park on a piano mover though.
    They call me "Nana"

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    can someone expand more on the free dining?
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok another question. I was reading on allear.net that the dining plan is avalible for the vacation club members when you have to pay for it. You dont have to by park tickets at all. Does anyone know if the free dining is avalible for vacation club members during their stay? Please someone help a poor soul.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

MINNIE07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    A question about the dining plan- someone told me that if you don't have anymore room for dessert you can ask to "save" your dessert for a later time(I don't know if its a voucher or what). Is this true? And are tips included at all the character dinings? As well as I heard a rumor that you can "take a doggie bag" of your leftovers- Is this true or are the rumors false?

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MINNIE07 View Post
    A question about the dining plan- someone told me that if you don't have anymore room for dessert you can ask to "save" your dessert for a later time(I don't know if its a voucher or what). Is this true? And are tips included at all the character dinings? As well as I heard a rumor that you can "take a doggie bag" of your leftovers- Is this true or are the rumors false?
    Yes, you can take a doggie bag if you are not at a buffet. The tips are all included- it doesn't matter if you are at a character meal or not. As far as I know you can't save your dessert for later, they have no way of changing your credit for a snack credit. My sister and I asked to have appetizers instead of desserts or one of us would get an appetizer and one a dessert and then we would share.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    My question is Lou mentioned the DDP being purchased with a MYW vacation package. I have priced our package out seperately using AAA discounts for the Disney resort and purchasing tickets park tickets online from undercovertourist. Can you add the DDP this way or am I going to be forced to buy the whole package through Disney?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i got my room, tickets and dining plan through AAA and i'm getting it at about 10% less than disney.. thru disney our trip was going to be like $1400 and thru AAA its $1297... she said if free dining come up for the time we are booked (which i doubt that happening) but if it did she said she can make that happen on my resevrations.. and that would be cool.. but i'm going during a hoilday time so i'm betting i have no such luck but one can dream!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy