Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss is there a book?? in the Vacation Planning forums; that covers the resturants and food at WDW.. i want some hepl in planning where to eat.. i'd liek to be able to read it and highlight the interesting place ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

is there a book??

that covers the resturants and food at WDW.. i want some hepl in planning where to eat.. i'd liek to be able to read it and highlight the interesting place and shoose where to eat so i can make my ressies..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are a couple of good sources:

Birnbaum's Disney World Dining Guide is the "official" book. It gives a summary of each restaurant, meals it is open, price range, type of food.

The Unofficial Dining Guide to WDW by Kevin Yee, claims to have "The Current Menus and Prices for All Restaurants at the Parks and Hotels." Which is impossible to do when the menus are changing constantly and the book is printed in advance. But, it may be useful.

The very best place I think for current menus online is AllEarsNet.com
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

thanks so much.. i'm going to head to the book store and look for it
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I second the vote for allearsnet.com

It's the best place for WDW trip planning...hands down. I've read maybe a dozen guide books. While they are informative, because they are printed maybe once a year, there is no way they can stay current. Deb Wills and her crew do a fabulous job keeping everything up to date! Menus, prices, planning tips, etc. It has everything you can imagine...and then some!
    Last edited by GalPal; 04-10-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have the Birnbaums guide myself. I bought it before my last trip so I could choose my two table service meals. I like the book, but it did not help me decide, it just made me want to go to all of them!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Scottwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have some reviews on my site of resturants and events. AllEars.Net is THE best place to start planning a trip to WDW. Deb keeps it very updated.

I got to meet Kevin Yee at the last Mousefest and he explained that the pricing should be accurate up until this October. October is the month he claimed both menus and prices would change if any. He actually lives near the parks and went to each restaurant for the book. His plan is to do that each year.
    Last edited by Scottwdw; 04-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.
    Scottwdw

Sorcerer of the Amazing PS Calculator
    Picture This! Disney Photo Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwdw View Post
    I have some reviews on my site of resturants and events. AllEars.Net is THE best place to start planning a trip to WDW. Deb keeps it very updated.

I got to meet Kevin Yee at the last Mousefest and he explained that the pricing should be accurate up until this October. October is the month he claimed both menus and prices would change if any. He actually lives near the parks and went to each restaurant for the book. His plan is to do that each year.

thanks... isnt that my luck.. the menus are going to change in Oct.. AUGH
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

all ears rocks!! that's where I go to check out the resturants and menus

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    the birnbaum's book is great. the dining book is nearly identical to the dining section in the big guide so i don't suggest getting both. i bought the dining book on amazon used and got it really cheap and wrote all sorts of notes in it like what places i really wanted to go to and what took the dining plan. plus its small enough that you can throw it in your bag and take it to the park. i suggest planning as much as you can mealwise but if you're at the parks and want a snack you can kinda read through and see what the places have so you don't end up at a place where your kids might not like anything.
    allears is great too because they go into a lot more detail than the book does. you could print out pages here and take them with you too. the only bad thing here is sometimes its outdated and you know disney can change in the blink of an eye, but its still a good place to get an overview

you know i was thinkgin of getting that booka nd went to get it yesterday and it wasnt at walden books but i believe our AAA has it so i'm going to stop and see
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy