Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Cinderella's Royal Table & Free Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi---I have a couple of quick questions regarding my December trip. First, my family is planning on having a character breakfast at CRT. We are looking soooo forward to this, ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Smile Cinderella's Royal Table & Free Dining

Hi---I have a couple of quick questions regarding my December trip. First, my family is planning on having a character breakfast at CRT. We are looking soooo forward to this, but I have read a lot of very negaative reviews about it on allears. This is the most expensive character breakfast so I was wondering if it is worth the money. Has anyone ever done the breakfast here before? What did you think? Should we go for it?

I also have a question about the free dining offer going on now. Is it the same thing as the dining plan---but for free?? I have read that this offer goes on during slow parks times so does anybody have any idea if they may promote it again in the first weeks of December? Do you know if they have ever done it during this time before? If so, about how early do they let the news out? Thanks in advance!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

We've never done the breakfast...only lunch and to be honest, I wasn't impressed.

The free food offer is the same thing as the dining plan. I've never known them to offer this during December. The few times that they have offered it seem to be around the same time frame as this offer... 8/26-9/22. But you never know. All you can do is keep your fingers crossed!

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've only done the breakfast. The food is good, the room is beautiful and we have consistantly had 5-star service!

That said, there are a couple of caveats...

1)It can be very frustrating getting to your table. You wait in a line outside. You wait to be admitted to the line for pictures with Cinderella. Then you wait for them to call your name to go upstairs to your table. We had an 8:15 ADR, arrived at the park at 7:45, checked in at 8am and weren't admitted to the line for pictures until 8:30.

2)The princesses can be hit or miss. We had a fantastic (although very busy) Cindy. Jasmine and the Fairy Godmother were also especially memorable and took lots of time with my nieces. However, Belle was pose, snap the shot and she was outta there.

3)The weaponry. Every child is handed a weapon upon being seated at the table. Yes, they call them magic wands and swords. However, any long pointy stick quickly becomes a weapon you'll dodge the rest of the day.

4)It's expensive! But remember, you're paying for the experience as a whole, and while it is expensive, I would be more than willing to pay it again. Despite the small problems, we left feeling truly like a Royal Family.

I say go for it and have a wonderful breakfast! If I was on the dining plan, i would pay out of pocket for it, rather than use the 2 TS credits...

PS - I've gone once with adult ladies only and twice with neices. I'd go again with or without kids!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    BREAKFAST IS AWESOME.... A GREAT EXPERIENCE .... book in advance... it is always full and no walkins whatsoever...
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)