Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss ADR's.... in the Vacation Planning forums; Could someone be kind enough to explain the protocal for priority seating? I know you can't make ADR's more than 180 days out, but is that from the start of ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Question ADR's....

Could someone be kind enough to explain the protocal for priority seating? I know you can't make ADR's more than 180 days out, but is that from the start of your vacation or 180 days out from the day you would want to eat at a particular place on a certain day? The reason I ask is, I'm 99.99% sure I want to do at least one character meal when I go in December, but I don't know exactly what my travel dates will be so I can't book my room till late August (when I know when my final exams will be). I do know that I will be there from December 7th-9th (but may be there an extra day before and possibly after). So what are my options to set an ADR? Do I have to wait till I book my vacation then hope I can get something or can I go ahead a set a PS when I'm 180 days out (in approximately 45-47 days from now). Also I'm not sure if I'll be by myself or if I'll have another person in my party. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by fungus_01; 04-26-2007 at 01:38 AM.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    from what I understand, its 180 days before you intend on having your meal,,,,a tip i think i read in one of these frums, if you cant get in, is when you arrive , call around to each restaurant that has character dining and see if there are any cancellations, or see if they can squeeze you in......someone at your resort , like the front desk may be able to assist you in this......
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Generally, if you are staying on property and have a room/package reservation already, I believe it is 180 days from the day you check in and you can make dining reservations for up to 10 days during your stay.

Since you don't have a reservation for your room yet, it would be 180 days from the day you want to dine at that restaurant.
    Make the reservation for the maximum number of people you think may be coming with you. It is not usually a problem if you arrive with fewer people than on the reservation, but it can be a big problem if you try to add someone and the table isn't large enough.

Check out http://www.allearsnet.com/din/reserv.htm for FAQ's on ADR's.

Happy planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks everyone! That helped a ton....now all I have to do is wait till my 180 days gets here LOL!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Another quick question, will I have better luck calling the WDW Dining Line or the CRO? Ahhh, this is exciting....is it December yet? LOL!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Another quick question, will I have better luck calling the WDW Dining Line or the CRO? Ahhh, this is exciting....is it December yet? LOL!
    what's the CRO?

December is a good time to go to Disney!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

CRO....The Central Reservations Office (I think it's the same as the travel booking number?)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'm pretty sure CRO will just transfer you to the WDW-Dine number, I believe, if all you are doing is making dining reservations. Check that FAQ's link I gave you, I believe it had some toll-free numbers you could use, too. Unless you're trying for Cindy's Royal Table, I don't think it matters much which number you use.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I would also suggest that you call the Registrar's office of your university and see when the finals schedule will be put out. Many times, they schedule is available way before---it's at least a thought to ask. We got our Spring calendar last October. Maybe they can help you out a bit.

I have a copy of the final exam schedule, but there is one class that I won't know when the final is till I start the class (unless I get something from the professor before then). I think I'll be able to stay through the 10th (and I hope that I'll be able to fly out late on the 6th *crosses fingers*).....