Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is the most romantic place to eat on Disney grounds?

Dining Discuss Best Romantic Places? in the Vacation Planning forums; Well I am starting to try and narrow down dining for my honeymoon and am wondering what everyone thinks are the best romantic places. We will have 2 nights only, ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Red face Best Romantic Places?

Well I am starting to try and narrow down dining for my honeymoon and am wondering what everyone thinks are the best romantic places. We will have 2 nights only, but since we live nearby, we'll need places for anniversaries and just celebrations, and I'm curious to see who votes for what!

I randomly added options. If something is not on the list, please list it and I can add it!

- Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Me and the wife ate at most of these on our honeymoon, and I voted for the ones that I thought were the most romantic and conducive to adults and, in particular, to couples. if I had to rank the ones I voted for, with one being the most romantic and four being the least, here's how I'd do it:

1. Victoria & Albert's. definitely the only one specifically geared towards honeymoons and couples.
    2. Hollywood Brown Derby. the atmosphere here is very sophisticated, especially for a theme park restaurant.
    3. Artist Point. just the fact that it has a dress code is enough to keep the "rabble-rousing" crowd out. plus, my wife and I really enjoyed the outdoorsy, Pacific Northwest decor. unfortunately, the food wasn't amazing. it was good, but nothing to write home about.
    4. Coral Reef. my wife is a marine biologist and we got a seat right next to the tank. they have some superb specialty drinks, if you're into that sort of thing. however, like Artist Point, I have definitely had better seafood. but we live on the coast, so that wasn't a big surprise.

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I think all of these places give you personalized menus that you can take home with you.

I'm sure that, no matter which places you pick, you will have a blast. be sure to wear your honeymoon pins in the parks!

If we can dream it, we can do it

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Well, of the choices you posted I haven't been to V&A's so I can't consider that one.

As for the above poster's comments, I would have agreed with them a few years ago, but things have changed since the DDP went into effect. There are a lot more families in every sit down dining location, so they're not as "cozy" as they used to be. We found this out last year when we went to Artist's Point for our anniversary dinner. Lots of families with loud, unruly kids running around. It wasn't as we remembered AP to be like. BTW, we're not kids haters (we have 2 of our own) we just don't care for kids with no manners.

I would suggest that you consider the Bistro de Paris at France in the World Showcase in Epcot. We went there a few years ago for our anniversary and found it to be a wonderful experience. The menu is located here:

http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_bisd.htm
    Lisa

"No capes!"

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Coral Reef is lovely.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

i was at Coral Reef when I was little, but other than that I don't remember it, so maybe that's an option!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Artist Point got my vote. I have not eaten at all of the above options, but of the ones i have eaten at, Artist Point has the best food, service, and atmosphere. Love it!!!
    It's a good thing!

I want to go to Artist point but that will be a "non-disney" trip.

Right now our reservations for our honeymoon are at Citrocose and Coral Reef since we only have 2 nights!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Coral Reef is a very nice place for dinner.

My wife and i had our anniversary dinner at Artists point, which i enjoyed immesnely.

Victoria and Alberts is beyond comapre but very expensive.

the Sit down at France in EPCOT is great.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

msxpuck339 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    In my opinion, and based on the recent experience I had there, I think standing out on the observation desk at the California Grill during Wishes is one of the most romantic things a resturant could offer, I have not experienced the other resturants though
    "So you must plan for the future, boy! You've got to find a direction! You've... oh, er... By the by, which direction is this castle of yours? "

Hopefully moving a lot closer to the mouse this fall

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up

Although we are huge Jiko fans, I voted for V&A simply because it must be the most romantic restaurant on property. And that's based on what I've read...haven't been there yet, but hoping this will be the year to try it.

We love Jiko though. Always go for our anniversary. Why? The food and service is amazing. The wine list is tremendous and the CMs are very knowledgable. Additionally, we've found that most of the diners there are couples and a few families with well-behaved children. It's always a special time.
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'd say California Grill, mainly because of the view.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I got married at Disney, as part of our package, we had dinner at V&A. Very, very, very romantic. Then, for our reception, we ate at the California Grill. For romance, definitely V&A. A lot warmer atmosphere for romance. Of course, the view at the CG is pretty exceptional.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I went to WDW last October for my honeymoon and I have to say Victoria & Albert's was the highlight! It's really romantic and an experience you will never forget. Just PLAN that it wil be expensive and find a way to rationalize the money ("this is what Aunt Suzy's and Cousin Jane's wedding gift checks are going towards..."). Try to go to the Spirit of Aloha, too. They really make the honeymooners feel special - then make sure you and your honey take a romantic walk on the beach at the Polynesian. There's a great hammock there and if you time it right you can see the Electrical Water Pageant.
    It was all started by a mouse!