Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss CRT breakfast vs. lunch...what's wrong with lunch?? in the Vacation Planning forums; ok, i posted this on another board and didn't get any responses so its up to you, my friends!... everyone raves about the CRT breakfast (meal in cinderella's castle with ...
    Victoria'sMom is offline A-Ticket holder

CRT breakfast vs. lunch...what's wrong with lunch??

ok, i posted this on another board and didn't get any responses so its up to you, my friends!...

everyone raves about the CRT breakfast (meal in cinderella's castle with princesses)....but no one talks about lunch there!

i scheduled other character breakfasts for my family and lunch in the castle.

so besides the breakfast food/lunch food, what is the difference between the CRT breakfast and the lunch??

MissMinnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    We did lunch last May, and were pleasantly surprised to find that the food was very good! It was not a buffet, and the menu at the DIS website was fairly true to form. The service was extraordinary, and the characters spent plenty of time at each table.

hootch is offline A-Ticket holder

We ate lunch therr

;ast year and will have lunch there next Thursday. I'll second the comment on the food. It was quite good. Last year the first two characters, Belle and Aurora, spent quite a bit of time at our table. (My daughter was dressed in an Aurora dress.) Snow White and the Fairy God Mother spent less time at the table. think they were making sure they made it to all of the tables.

Another good thing about lunch is that reservations are easier to get. We added the ADR later in our planning, probably about 90 days out, and were able to get a 12:25 ressie.

el strategista is offline A-Ticket holder

Dinner there

We just returned from dinner at CRT the first week in June. Just don't be disappointed like my wife because no princesses after you take pictures in the foyer with Cinderella. Two mice and the Fairy Godmother do a 15 minute song and dance with everyone upstairs and then disappear into thin air. Luckily our royal waiter, Gustavo, stole the show. He was great and told stories to my little princess about the mice and Cinderella. You'll be lucky to have him.

The food was great and the place was covered with fleur de lis. I didn't need to meet the other princesses because now I know that Cinderella loves the NO Saints.
    mee-skamoo-skamickey mouse

MissMinnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    That's quite different than our experience....Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Snow White, and the Fairy Godmother all came around to the tables, spent time interacting and were very patient to get good pictures set up.

Quote Originally Posted by el strategista View Post
    We just returned from dinner at CRT the first week in June. Just don't be disappointed like my wife because no princesses after you take pictures in the foyer with Cinderella. Two mice and the Fairy Godmother do a 15 minute song and dance with everyone upstairs and then disappear into thin air. Luckily our royal waiter, Gustavo, stole the show. He was great and told stories to my little princess about the mice and Cinderella. You'll be lucky to have him.

The food was great and the place was covered with fleur de lis. I didn't need to meet the other princesses because now I know that Cinderella loves the NO Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMinnie View Post
    That's quite different than our experience....Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Snow White, and the Fairy Godmother all came around to the tables, spent time interacting and were very patient to get good pictures set up.

That's because the Princesses only appear and come around to your table during breakfast and lunch....not dinner.

I personally wasn't a big fan of the food offered during lunch and felt that the menu was quite limited. But saying that.....we weren't really there for the food, rather because we wanted the experience of eating inside the Castle and seeing the Princesses!