Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Disney Dining Plan in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All: My husband Jim and I are DVC members and will be headed to the World in Sept .. We are traveling with a Group of 11.. 9 adults ...
    Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

Talking Disney Dining Plan

Hi All:

My husband Jim and I are DVC members and will be headed to the World in Sept ..
    We are traveling with a Group of 11.. 9 adults 2 kids. ( we are booked @ OKW)

Is there anyway that we can get "around" the dining plan?
    We would really like to get it, and probably will, but just wondering if there is a way that we could get it FREE! (since they are offering it FREE for magic your way ticket holders)

There HAS to be a way to do this, and since you guys are the BEST ..I am asking for your help!

thank you
    Debbie and Jim

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    only if you book a package, which means you have to pay for the room. using your points doesn't cut it.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    What's all this about them offering the Dining Plan free? I was checking prices for the end of September and there was nothing about it! I tried adding the dining plan just in case and it added a huge amount to the total like it normally would. Does anyone have more information about this or can you link to another thread if this has already been discussed?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    There are a some restrictions with the package. I believe it has to be at a Value resort which may be what is causing you issues.

I pulled this from the travel agent website (I book trips part time so I have access to it)

Book this 5-night, 6-day Magic Your Way Package and your clients will get 5-nights accommodations at a select Disney Value Resort, a 6-day Magic Your Way Ticket and the Disney Dining Plan.
    Purchase this package at just $455* per adult, based on adult double occupancy, and $223 per junior (ages 10-17) or $184 per child (ages 3-9) when occupying the room with an adult, at a select Disney Value Resort, standard room most nights 9/2/07 – 9/22/07. That’s a savings of $194 per adult! This offer is valid for travel most nights from September 2 through September 22, 2007.

* The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Theme Park Tickets are for one Theme Park per day must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Maybe my problem was that I was checking a 7 night/8 day package? I was checking the All-Star Movies. That price would be great, though.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea i booked Dining Plan for 4 nights and 2 adults. We are staying at Pop Century and it only cost $515 dollars. My wife and I have annual passes so we got the lowest level of ticket avaible for 1 day that is why it was so cheap. By the way anyone need a one day park tickets for August 30th???
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    Yea i booked Dining Plan for 4 nights and 2 adults. We are staying at Pop Century and it only cost $515 dollars. My wife and I have annual passes so we got the lowest level of ticket avaible for 1 day that is why it was so cheap. By the way anyone need a one day park tickets for August 30th???
    As long as you dont activate that day on you Keys to the Kingdom card, it will never expire. Dont lose the card tho. LOL

We are doing something similar in that we purchased a package with only one day on it so we could get the free dining but we are using our day when we get there towards the initial purchase cost of an AP.

As far as the free Dining goes for this fall....
    Aug 26 thru Sept 22 are the dates.
    3 Nite minimum stay on resort property (not sure if it is only value or not---call CRO and confirm this), with at least one day of MYW ticket purchased on the package
    You must check in no sooner then Aug 26 (do 2 separte ressies if you are planning on coming b4 then, but will be staying after--at least you get some of your days with free food)
    You can check in as late as Sept 22 and stay however long you desire (at least 3 nites tho)
    Sorry DVC members not eligible to use their points for this special. You must book an actual package. No other discounts apply

To book, you must either go thru the ressie office at Disney (either online or phone) book with a certified travel agent (AAA will book it for you too) If you go thru the website, there is a certain link to the special. Feeling lazy and I dont want to look it up but go to the main site, click on the travel tab and look for a banner/ button with Goofy dressed as a chef (it has a red background) That will take you to a special page just for FREE DINING.

Good luck
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    hgraber,

To take advantage of the free dining, call CRO and ask them to apply the promotion code ZHU to your existing reservation (as long as it's a package). If you booked room only or have a discounted room, it won't work because the promo is for a package deal only.

If you are checking in between 8/26/07-9/22/07, are staying at a WDW resort for at least three nights, and have at least a one-day ticket on the reservation for each person in the room, it should work..

You have to book by 6/24/07 and the number of packages available at this rate is limited. Also, the promotion has been available for several weeks, so there is always a chance that your dates won't be available

ranger is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are arriving on a Friday afternoon and want to use our DDP for our Chef Mickey reservations that nite. Does anyone know if we can use the DDP on our arrival day, we are staying for 5 nites and get understand that we get 5 dinners each but will as we fly early AM on the final day we don't want to be left with unused credits - help

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Your DDP is valid from the moment you check in until midnight of the day you check out. I have even gone through Everything's Pop on my way to our room, stopped and used on of my CS credits for lunch.

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    But.. call soon for Chef Mickeys.. they are booked solid .. we could not get in for Sept!

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

ranger is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the advice. Already booked it with 180 days to go. Isn't Chef Mickey just the perfect way to kick off a Disney vacation?

The free dining is valid for other resorts other than value. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for a week the end of August and we get the free dining!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    The free dining is valid for other resorts other than value. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for a week the end of August and we get the free dining!

That is what I thot but didnt want to give out false info.

HI LADY! Long time no see. I miss you down there by just 2 weeks. Free Food is great isnt it? Have a good trip to WDW.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    That is what I thot but didnt want to give out false info.

HI LADY! Long time no see. I miss you down there by just 2 weeks. Free Food is great isnt it? Have a good trip to WDW.
    Hey Vix! I know....I haven't had a lot of extra time lately! I'm hoping things are gonna calm down once school is out for the summer!

I figured I'd be missing you since I remember seeing a thread that you'd be there for the flag ceremony on Sept. 11. Yes...free food is a great bonus!!! You have a great trip too!