Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss '70's Restaurant in the Vacation Planning forums; Have you ever had a bit of trivia from your past just elude you, and it drives you nuts? Well, I need us to set the Wayback Machine back to ...
    GusGus' Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

'70's Restaurant

Have you ever had a bit of trivia from your past just elude you, and it drives you nuts? Well, I need us to set the Wayback Machine back to the '70's. The first night when we arrived in Orlando we usually stayed outside the park. We would have dinner at a restaurant that I think had a hunting theme and they had the best steaks and prime rib (at least it was pretty tasty to a little kid). What I remember most distinctly is their kiddie menus had cartoon pictures of various animals (the same ones I would be about to eat, perhaps?). I remember a deer wearing an Elmer Fudd hat, and maybe a buffalo.

Anyone else remember this place, or the name? I doubt it's still around, and since I'm now a fairly dedicated foodie and it might destroy my fond memories, but I just thought if anyone would remember this place, it would be someone from this forum.

Thanks
    Leah

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jungle Jim's??? They also have excellent desserts and milk shakes.

http://www.jungle-jims.com/

GusGus' Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Jungle Jim's??? They also have excellent desserts and milk shakes.

I'm pretty sure that's not it, unless it has really changed. This place specialized in beef, like steaks and prime rib. Also, I think the theme was like a hunting lodge, not so jungle-ish.

Thanks, though. I think this questions goes back quite a bit, I barely remember it and I loved the children's prime rib. It wasn't anywhere near Disney. It was in downtown Orlando, I believe. It was a pretty busy place, though, we usually had to wait.
    Last edited by GusGus' Mom; 06-04-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: quotes are wrong
    Leah