Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss dining reservations in the Vacation Planning forums; Just wanted to let everyone know that there has been recent problems with dining reservations. They tell you that you cant make any reservations until 180 days before your trip ...
    annrodman is offline A-Ticket holder

dining reservations

Just wanted to let everyone know that there has been recent problems with dining reservations. They tell you that you cant make any reservations until 180 days before your trip but from what i've found thats not completely true. To make a long story short recently i tried making reservations for the hoop dee doo. Twice i was told that i had to wait till 180 days. Then at 184 days i tried again, surprisingly they made the reservation for me (almost the last table too). When i called to speak to a supervison (very rude) she said if your staying on property its 180 days + 10 in other words 190 days. I explained that 2 people told me otherwise and she was very rude in her response to me. I asked why i hadn't been informed of that the previous 2 times i called and she never really answered me. This is the first problem i've ever had but i almost got shut out of the one thing my husband wanted to do and was disrespected when i tried to inform them of the mistake. Nothing will change how wonderful i feel about disney, but i just wanted to let everyone know what happened to try to prevent others from getting shut out of what they want to do.
    Heather and Dean
    Been there, done that, going back again!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    wow. That's good to know. I'm not usually the one to make the reservaions, but i'll remember this for future reference
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I remember somewhere in the back of my mind that you could make the ADR's earlier for the dinner shows and while you should of been give the correct information without question, it's the nasty attitude from the CM that is unacceptable and is the part that really bothers me. I would report the person. It seems we hear more and more of that kind of nasty behavior. I'm not saying all CM's need an attitude adjustment but I myself have encountered CM's that don't have very "Disney liike" behavior and it has been totally unprovoked. Please Disney, less money in more buildings and more money into training your CM's properly and back into the parks. OK I'm finished venting!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    We made our reservations a few months ago - exactly 180 days before our trip. We had no problems and the Disney CM was very helpful and lovely. We had to call back a few days later to add another one and they were again helpful and polite. We also mentioned that it was our honeymoon, and the girl said she would add that to all our reservations. Maybe we were just lucky, or maybe we are just judging it by British customer service standards!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

annrodman is offline A-Ticket holder
    As of january this year they will no longer accept reservations for dinner shows until the 180 day mark (or so they say read the first post to see what i mean). Before it was like 2 years. They should bring that back .
    Heather and Dean
    Been there, done that, going back again!!