Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss California Grill in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering if anyone had eaten here, and how the food was, and also i know there is a good veiw of the castle from the restaurant and I ...
    msxpuck339 is offline E-Ticket Holder

California Grill

I was wondering if anyone had eaten here, and how the food was, and also i know there is a good veiw of the castle from the restaurant and I was wondering if anyone has advice on getting good seats to see the castle as I have reservations right before the fireworks show starts and would love to have a great veiw of the show
    "So you must plan for the future, boy! You've got to find a direction! You've... oh, er... By the by, which direction is this castle of yours? "

Hopefully moving a lot closer to the mouse this fall

FrenchFry is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Never eaten there I wonder if it's good.
    Carrie.

i love my boyfriend.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I ate there last month and loved it. The food was awesome and so was the view, although we ate early and didnt see wishes during dinner. Even if you're reservation is for an early time and you'll be before wishes starts, they invite you to come back up to watch wishes. I kinda wish we would have came back up. I cant recommend it enough, awesome food, good service, and great photo opportunities from the observation platform. Have a good trip!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Silly question for you, where is the California Grill exactly?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    At the top floor of the contemporary.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

GoofyOnDWT is offline A-Ticket holder
    The last time I had dinner there was in June 2004. It was fabulous! We were there during Wishes which added to the experience, but getting there in time to watch the sunset is memorable, too. Ask for a window seat although I don't believe there's a bad seating in the restaurant (at least, we've had great seatings the times we've been there). If you are a sushi fan, I would recommend the Snake In The Grass. We were completely satisfied with our menu choices and would definitely dine there again.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've eaten there several times and have mixed feelings about the experience. It is expensive but the food is fabulous...well worth the price. The restaurant has an energetic and exciting vibe. But, I've found the service to be spotty - they are very busy all the time and the staff doesn't have much time for chit chat.

I think my biggest disappointment is in viewing Wishes from the observation deck. When you are that high up like that, you realize that many of the fireworks are actually shot off from the CM parking lot behind the MK. It kind of throws off the whole effect and I much prefer to watch Wishes from ground level. In September, we're going to try viewing them from Narcoossees and from the beach at the Polynesian.