Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Brown Derby question in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm sure this has been addressed before but I couldn't find enough by doing a search. I'm still new enough at this that I probably don't know what I'm doing. ...
    tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder

Brown Derby question

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I couldn't find enough by doing a search. I'm still new enough at this that I probably don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, we have a group of 10 (4 adults, 6 children) going to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. The other family is on the dining plan and we are not. We have made all our ADR's and chose the Brown Derby for our sit down meal the day we are at MGM which counts as 2 of their sit down meals. Is the Brown Derby worth the 2? There are not too many sit downs at MGM. Thanks!!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've never used the dining plan. However, the Brown Derby is an excellent restaurant. We dine there frequently. It's easily one of our favorites in all of WDW along with CA Grill and Jiko.

Don't forget to try their signature dishes that were invented in the original restaurant....cobb salad and grapefruit cake!

As far as sits downs in MGM, there are 3 other places you can also try...Sci Fi, 50s, and H&V.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Personally, I would have to say no, it isn't worth 2 sit down credits. With a group that size, why not try 50's Prme Time Cafe? If you ask for a fun "aunt" or "uncle", it is sure to be a great time.

Mickey08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would have to agree with GalPal on this one. The Brown Derby is good food but I feel its geared more for adults than kids.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I agree with both of you...50's and PrimeTime should be fun for the kids. (and adults too! lol)
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 07-01-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sorry...double posts!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmmm..

I'm mixed now.
    If you're not worried about the kids, then I say do it. The Hollywood Brown Derby is probably my favorite in-park restaurant. The food is just phenomenal and the environment is so authentic. However, it may not keep the kids entertained as well as you might want them to be.
    If you want the kids to be entertained, definately do the Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi Cafe. However, the food at the Brown Derby does beat them out. However, that does depend on your taste.

But that's my two cents
    Remember, Dreams Come True!