Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Chef Mickey's in the Vacation Planning forums; We do both Hoop Dee Doo and Chef Mickey's each time we go. I hate the new menu change too so we are skipping it also. We aren't skipping Chef ...
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    We do both Hoop Dee Doo and Chef Mickey's each time we go. I hate the new menu change too so we are skipping it also. We aren't skipping Chef Mickey's. We have great memories from there- you just can't beat having the main mouse sit down at your table and give you kisses. You will enjoy it.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    We've doen both Hoop De Doo and Chef Mickey's Since you've already done HDD you'll probably be very happy wiyth choosing Chef Mickey's iit's a good buffet, the Characters are classics!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You didn't mention if you were taking kids or not. Kids really love the atmosphere and adults have fun here too. I like CM just fine but for overall character experience and food quality I prefer The Garden Grill in Epcot. Just my opinion and not a vote against CM by any means. GG seemed to keep us entertained the whole time or it may be that we kept them entertained the whole time. It was a great time there! We really intermingled with the characters and staff there so well. We laughed and cut up all night. Chip and Dale kept us laughing. Did I mention that we were adults and teens eating at GG? Sorry for reminiscing but this may have been our best Character meal ever!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I have never been to Chef Mickey's but I hear it is fun and enjoy!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Chef Mickey's is one of our favorites also. We usually do it for breakfast on our last day. It is our final farwell to Mickey. We let each of my children pick one thing at the parks each visit that we can not miss. My oldest son picks Chef Mickey's every year. We have pictures of him from 18mos to 12 years with Mickey at Chef Mickey's. Priceless!
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know...is it just me? I'm thinking the descriptive in the preceding post was a bit over the top. Maybe I just need a nap.

BigDan, did it ever occur to you that Mickey didn't see you. His vision in that getup is quite limited. That's one of the reasons he's always accompanied by a "handler" (another reason is unruly, unreasonable Guests).

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Kansas must feel very proud right now.
    -- Eric

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I went to Chef Mickey's for the FIRST time (well... since it's been in the Contemporary) and it was awesome!!!! We went for dinner, and let me tell you, the food was better than any other buffet in WDW! The prime rib was delicious as was the chicken! But the dessert buffet is where I was in complete heaven!!! All the characters were extremely friendly and I have at least 20 great photos from that evening! I also got to dance around the restaurant with Goofy!!! (How awesome is that!?!?!) Chef Mickey's made my vacation more magical and I'm so pleased we were able to get reservations there! I would highly recommend it!
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh yea, I'm unruly and unreasonable? The fact that I am a professional in the business world, who has probably spent 40 grand in trips going there, and who just happens to have a sense of humor... and since when is being mad at a costumed mouse and making a reference to taking a "restroom break" in the contemporary bathroom so offensive?
    Last edited by BigDan275; 02-25-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If you are, as you say, "a professional in the business world," then you are aware that what is appropriate in one setting might not be appropriate in all settings. You have to know your audience.

This "audience," visitors to a Disney-themed message board, don't come here for angry screeds about petty happenstances, and they don't come here for attempts at scatalogical humor.

I enjoy rude, crude, disgusting humor, I just don't let my freak flag fly here, just like I don't indulge in that sort of fun within earshot of my kids. I just don't judge it to be the proper place for that.
    -- Eric

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    To get this thread back on topic... I think you will NOT be disappointed with your choice. I have been to both and while I do enjoy the show of the HDR, I think you will enjoy a change of menu and a change of scenery. It is nice to be inside the contemporary for the restaraunt and I love watching the monorail go by. If eveything pans out just right (timing wise) with the characters you should be out in time to see wishes. Be sure to try and get a photo with both Mickey and Minnie in the same shot while you are there. It makes for a great keepsake! Have a Blast!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Since it got erased, overall I did enjoy Chef Mickeys, the food was really good and the atmosphere was really enjoyable, I'd do it again.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I only went there 4 breakfast but it was a good buffet breakfast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12