Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Chef Mickey's in the Vacation Planning forums; I just canceled my Hoop-Dee-Do revue reservations and made Chef Mickey reservations instead. Please tell me this was not a mistake!!! I have seen the revue at least 5 times ...
    disneygirl17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Chef Mickey's

I just canceled my Hoop-Dee-Do revue reservations and made Chef Mickey reservations instead. Please tell me this was not a mistake!!! I have seen the revue at least 5 times and I love it but they have changed the menu and I am not a fan of the new one. I don't like most of what is on it.

I have heard great things about Chef Mickey's but I had to take a 9:00 ADR., Wishes is at 10:00 but since we are planning on seeing that another night I didn't think it was a big deal.

Any thoughts? Another option was dinner at the Castle....

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Chef Mickey's is a fun character meal! The buffet is one of the better ones on property, I think.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We really enjoyed Chef Mickey's. There were a lot of choices and the food was really good. It was a very good and enjoyable evening.

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Chef Mickey's is a blast! Enjoy!!!
    It's a good thing!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl17 View Post
    I just canceled my Hoop-Dee-Do revue reservations and made Chef Mickey reservations instead. Please tell me this was not a mistake!!! I have seen the revue at least 5 times and I love it but they have changed the menu and I am not a fan of the new one. I don't like most of what is on it.

I have heard great things about Chef Mickey's but I had to take a 9:00 ADR., Wishes is at 10:00 but since we are planning on seeing that another night I didn't think it was a big deal.

Any thoughts? Another option was dinner at the Castle....
    You're spending in the neighborhood of $20 less per person at Chef Mickey's compared with Hoop, and getting a large variety of food to boot! I don't recall CM's serving ribs, fried chicken, corn and strawberry shortcake, so I think you're in luck!

Just realize that CM isn't a show like Hoop is. It's a buffet dinner and each character will drop by your table one time during your meal. As long as you're not expecting a show, then you'll have a great time and enjoy some very good food, at least as far as buffets go.
    -- Eric

el strategista is offline A-Ticket holder
    I enjoyed Chef Mickey's even though I don't normally like buffets. In fact I normally avoid them. The food was definitely different from the normal buffet food. I had smoked salmon, rice pilaf and some great carrots. The kids loved the pizza. The salad area even had shrimp remoulade. But the best part was the dessert area. Soft serve ice cream with at least ten different toppings and great carrot cake.

Throw in the style of the CR and you have a great meal. Remember your picture gets taken before you're seated, but the cost of the picture is not included in the price of the meal. Dinner at the castle includes a picture. We didn't like the picture so we gave it back.
    mee-skamoo-skamickey mouse

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    chef mickey's is wonderful - the food is quite amazing, and the characters are as fun as anywhere! we never miss chef mickey's when we go!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Chef's has great food. Hoop is good...but I think Chef's is just great and fun. Plus its a change! Something new is always fun!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I love Chef Mickeys I have a ADR there prior to MVMCP this year, so we can just walk to the MK after dinner

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    i have not been to chef mickey's in years... i might possibly have to try it again.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I also love Chef Mickey's. It is usually one of our meals on every trip. One of the best character meals!
    Last edited by Pluto'sPal; 07-06-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Whoops...Spelling!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I LOVE Chef Mickey's and I hope you have a good time!!
    I have never been to Hoop dee doo, but will on the next trip!
    What about the menu has changed?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Chef Mickeys if fun, but once they leave Your table, you pretty much just have a regular sit down meal and watch the others have fun with the characters at there tables. Hoop Dee Doo keeps going for the time you are there. Lots of fun.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    The last time I went to Chef Mickey's was when it was located in Downtown Disney (then the Disney Village Marketplace) and the food was amazing! Of course it wasn't buffet style either, but the atmosphere and menu were hard to top. We've got dinner reservations coming up in February for CM and everyone is excited to go! To be completely honest, I was a little hesitant on the idea of a buffet; but after doing the Disney buffet once, we figured we'd try it again! (We loved the Trail's End restaraunt in Fort Wilderness!)

Hope you enjoy Chef Mickey's!
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We have always gone to Chef Mickey's for breakfast the day after we get to WDW. This year we are going to be staying at the Contemporary so are going to try dinner one night. We love it. The character interaction is great and the food is really good too. We are also going to try the Hoop De Doo as we have never done that. I like most of what they serve, so hoping that we will like the show. Have a great time!!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast