Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Epcot Lunch in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is going to WDW Sept 8-12 for the Free Dining. We wanted to have a early and small lunch at Epcot because our dinner ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again

Epcot Lunch

My family is going to WDW Sept 8-12 for the Free Dining. We wanted to have a early and small lunch at Epcot because our dinner ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh is at 3:30pm. I was hoping for some input on the best place for either a small, good lunch that is still worth using the CS credit or a good place to split meals. I had considered Boulangerie Patisserie, but I was hoping to find out whether or not all the pastries and cakes were included as a dessert option?
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

&&im.a.pirate. is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like going to the German resturant in Germany.
    They serve bratwurst, souerkraut, and i think some dessert.
    I really enjoyed the bratwurst...it filled me up to keep me up for a couple hours.
    Hope that helps!
    Laughter is Timeless.
    Imagination has no age.
    Dreams are forever.

[P i r a t e s o f t h e C a r i b b e a n]
    "Nine pieces of whatever we happened to have in our pockets at the time?
    Oh yes, that sounds very piratey."

Walt Disney World.
    Where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
    Disney World Í 11 times
    Disney Cruise Line Í 2 times
    = Happiness Beyond your Expectations. =]

Thanks for the input. I've never eaten in Germany - at either restaurant. The only problem is that I don't like sauerkraut, and I don't the rest of my family would be too keen on the other stuff they have. I had forgotten about Sommerfest, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I took a look at the menus on All Ears, but their menu doesn't really appeal to me.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    You could eat at any of the restaraunts in world showcase, my favorites are the Cantina de San Angel (the outdoor counter service restaraunt in mexico) or the yakitori house in japan
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I ate at Yakitori in May and found it quite good. If you decide to eat there, show up early as it gets crowded and there is VERY limited seating.

Hey Hillary!!! Long time no see! Another suggestion I would have since your dinner is at 3:30 would be to save your counter service credits for that day to use on your last day at the parks and just use your snack credit to have a little something before dinner. Now....that's only if you will be sticking around to visit a park after your check out time. With the Dining Plan you get one counter service, one sit down and one snack for each night you book. So...if you are there for 5 days and 4 nights....you will only be getting credits for 4 days, but since the credits are good for you to use anyway you want from the time you check in, until midnight of the day you check out you can surely stretch them out tofeed your family the entire 5 days! Have fun! Looks like we will just be missing you!

Great to see you, Melissa. I became very busy earlier this year and had to stop dropping by, and then yesterday, I thought, "I haven't been on DWT in a long time, I need to ask a question and check out what's going on." Living 8 hours away from WDW means that we can't go to the parks on the last day, but we do have an ADR for lunch at GF Cafe on the 12th (my grandmother's birthday- I told them that on every reservation- except for the room which I need to call them back and do). We may decide to just use a snack credit, because we want to be hungry for dinner, or we will split 2 meals between the 5 of us in Mexico. I was just thinking about trying a place that we normally wouldn't pay for. I read that the pastries in France are not included on the DDP, so we may have to make a stop in Norway.
    - Hillary

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have enjoyed Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in the Land Pavilion - they have a little bit of everything:

Asian Wok Shop Featuring Noodle Bowls and Stir Fry
    Sandwich Shop & Bakery Freshly baked Artisan breads used in made-to-order sandwiches such as grilled vegetable Cuban, turkey muffaletta, ham and salami grinder and Focaccia.
    Soup & Salad Shop Flavorful and fresh salads and soups
    Wood-Fired Grill Shop Rotisserie Chicken and Beef, Grilled Salmon
    (from the DIS)

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I second jpjobes on the Sunshine Seasons int he Land, it's very good. great selection and usually not crowded
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

If we are still in Future World, we may have to try Sunshine Seasons. The only thing I have ever gotten from there is Chocolate Mousse Cake for breakfast.
    - Hillary

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sunshine Seasons ( or whatever the current name is... )
    Electric Umbrella
    Cantina de San Angel (outside counter service)
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think I'm one of the only people under the sun that does not like the Mexican joints at Epcot....maybe it's becaues I live in Tx but I'm jut not impressed....my fav thing to eat is the cheese plate with a baguette in France at Boulangerie Patisserie
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I have to agree with princessariel on the whole mexican food at Epcot. Being that I live in Mexico, I can surely tell you about mexican food, and I'm not very fond of the mexican food at Epcot.

On the other hand, I do agree with having lunch at the Land or splitting a plate at the China pavillion, if you're over at the WS.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!