Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Disneyland Dining Help in the Vacation Planning forums; In preperation for the upcoming (yes I know it's 240 days away) Disneyland trip... Can you lovely folks tell me which restaurants in the land I want to make sure ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Disneyland Dining Help

In preperation for the upcoming (yes I know it's 240 days away) Disneyland trip...

Can you lovely folks tell me which restaurants in the land I want to make sure not to miss? I want to make a note of the ones my fellow DWTers recommend so I can try to hit them. I'm looking for everything from quick stops to sit down type places but only in the parks themselves (Disneyland and CA Adventure). Help?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry I can't give you any first hand suggestions on where to eat but I can tell you a restaurant to avoid. I have heard and read very negative comments about Ariels. I've heard everything from just slow to non existent service to totally gross you out kind of stuff Just wanted to give a heads up. I know someone who is out there now so if I hear any good reviews I post back.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok good to know... I don't think we'd do Ariel's anyway because if I remember correctly it's a princess dining experience and well... I don't think my little boy would be so into that. My husband on the otherhand... well that's just not very Disney so I won't go there. LOL!

So anyone else have any recommendations?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We usually go for the counter service restaurants. We love hitting the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, great pasta and salads, aside form the pizza, of course. In California adventure there is this little counter service restaurant called Pacific Wharf Cafe, great soups, specially the Clam chowder in a bread bowl. Also, don't miss Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, great character dining. There are also great restaurants in the Downtown Disney area.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    my ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL time favorite is.... River Belle Terrace! We ended up eating there... oh? 3 times in our week trip!!! If you are going on a sunday, eat breakfast there sunday morning. Although ALL meals are delicious! Every sunday, Walt Disney HIMSELF ate breakfast there! We ended up trying it for dinner one night and I fell in love! I had clam chowder in a bread bowl with a salad!! Mmm!!

Anyway, one random thing about Disneyland counter service... you get REAL dishes. Yes that's right, real dishes... if you remember that or not! That's one "classic" thing I loved about them!!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    French Market, Plaza Pavilion, Redd Rocket Pizza, Blue Bayou are all very good in Disneyland

Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian Hotel is very good. I second the Pacific Wharf's clam chowder bread bowl
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

hermionefan34 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Definently the Blue Bayou, great theming and food. Another really good resturaunt is the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian, it's pricy, but very good! Kinda like Victoria and Alberts, only in California. Also, Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square is also a very good eat!
    "The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize. They are assembling for a swinging wake, and will be expecting me. I will see you all a little later..."

Oh how I love the Haunted Mansion!

When I grow up, I'm gonna be an Imagineer!
    Ariel is my favorite princess!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates life for me!

Yay, I'm an E-ticket!

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Blue Bayou is the main "nice" restaurant in DL--it's in the POC and the atmosphere is similar to the restaurant inside the Mexico Pavilion. The big favorite there is the Monte Cristo sandwich--it used to be served only at lunch, but that may have changed since they did the renovations a year or two ago. It's fairly expensive, so if you just want the Monte Cristo, you could also go to the Cafe Orleans which is across from the Blue Bayou. They have it there too, slightly less expensive. Both places take ADRs--BB fills up relatively quickly, so if you wanted to go there, I'd make them as soon as you know.

For counter service, I sort of like the Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, as they have a pretty good chinese chicken salad.

In CA, the ice cream at Burrbank Ice Cream is really good, and the sundaes are goodly sized. I have heard that the bar over Ariel's has good lobster nachos, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

disneymeister is offline A-Ticket holder

Disneyland dining

We liked the both the Rancho Del Zocalo counter service restaurant in Disneyland and the Taste Pilots grill next to Soarin' at California Adventure. Definitely agree with all of the comments above regarding Pacific Wharf Cafe and Blue Bayou. We ate at Wine Country Trattoria and were not too impressed.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I would second the Wine Country Trattoria. While the wine selection was impressive, the food was just ok. Other than that, Catal in Downtown Disney was great.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Dronnanor is offline A-Ticket holder

Post Where I can find good quality films online

Where I can find good quality films?Can anyone help me?

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There's a great little counter place in Adventureland called, "Bengal Barbeque." There you can get these awesome chicken skewers - they are a yummy, quick meal. Pizza Port has great pizza and salads.

I agree with the people who say "Blue Bayou" - it's all about the atmosphere in there. Make reservations in advance!

Know anyone who can get you into Club 33??
    It was all started by a mouse!